We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3-4 days in HCMC

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
307 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
3-4 days in HCMC

Wanting to explore outside HCMC and spend time on the Mekong.

Lots of advice on TA yet a few years old. Where's the best authentic places in 2013 on the Mekong to visit.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 3-4 days in HCMC

We were just on Phu Quoc and they are building the road south- 2 lanes each way to Bai Sai beach. The north is still a dirt road to Bai Dai beach. I hope it stays that way for a while as we loved how remote and untouched the north was.

Moscow
Level Contributor
822 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 3-4 days in HCMC

Thanks RichardG and Maurizio04. Very interesting and helpful insights. Any thoughts on a hotel in Phu Quoc?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 3-4 days in HCMC

Riko,

When last there, we stayed at the Saigon Phu Quoc Resort and had a bungalow on the beach for about $100/night. On another visit, we stayed at the Sasco Blue Lagoon and the room was equally nice for a little less money. I see Mai House Resort is still high in the reviews and ratings and I considered this hotel at the time. You may want to consider the Veranda if you want to splurge. Things have changed so much in the last five years, I would be afraid to provide a referral. Checkout the reviews on the forums. Good luck and Happy travels!

Lionbear,

Thanks much for your road update.

Richard

14. Re: 3-4 days in HCMC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, May 08, 2014