We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Face jackets

uk
Level Contributor
126 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
North Face jackets

Hiya. going to HCMC, Hanoi and Sapa, Where is the best place to get a real North Face jacket please, I note they are actually made in Vietnam. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Sapa
Sapa
Lao Cai Province, Vietnam
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: North Face jackets

My wife purchased one in the old quarter inHanoi last February and not far from the lake and it was an excellent buy and is still functioning perfectly. Can't tel the difference from the "real" ones and she even used it in Alaska and it served its purpose. There was a good selection at the shop and English was not a problem.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: North Face jackets

I got one in September from saigon square two (paid about £19.00.)

It is so warm, has washed well. fake or not it was a bargain.

Do try it on to be sure. Sizes are a lot smaller.

I will be getting another when I am back in May.

Mentioned in this post
MAY Restaurant and Bar
MAY Restaurant and Bar
512 Reviews
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
uk
Level Contributor
126 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: North Face jackets

Well I'm certainly going to have a look. Will let you know what I think of them on my return.will be there in 2 weeks can't wait.

South Shields...
Level Contributor
755 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: North Face jackets

My wife bought one from a shop on Le Loi street as you look at the ben thanh mkt its on the right 1 or 2 shops up. She paid about £30.

I do think its a copy but the stiching and matreil is very good, I have a North Face jacket i got from Beijing it is a copy and you can tell it is.

Mentioned in this post
Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
8,442 posts
455 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: North Face jackets

My husband purchased a genuine gortex north face jacket in Hoi An. zips broke the second outing. Its clearly a fake and waste of money. Honestly, I would only buy cheap stuff in Vietnam, and assume its all fake. Daughters converse shoes came apart first time she wore them.

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
uk
Level Contributor
126 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: North Face jackets

Update: Since returning from a fantastic trip to vietnam I have to say that I have gone off Northface jackets full stop. They were everywhere especially in Sapa. So much so that in the end I just grew fedup of them!

Mentioned in this post
Sapa
Sapa
Lao Cai Province, Vietnam
Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
8,442 posts
455 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: North Face jackets

Yep and all fake. Spoke to a few others friends who went to Vietnam and got north face and all have fallen apart or leaked. Broken zips and stitching falling apart most common problems from our group.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: North Face jackets

It never ceases to amaze me how people expect to buy value for nothing. If stuff were genuine and sold at a discount, I could understand. But fake stuff? Buy the genuine stuff and have it last for years. If it comes apart, go exercise your consumer rights and demand a refund.

I bought the real article. The zipper came lose after three years. The store paid to have a new zipper sewn in.

Hue, Vietnam
Level Contributor
363 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: North Face jackets

If you visit Hue city, there are 2 shops on Tran Hung Dao street it is easy to bargain and have a good price

Mentioned in this post
Hue
Hue
Thua Thien - Hue Province, Vietnam
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: North Face jackets

I saw them in Hanoi

Mentioned in this post