We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanh Cafe aka Open Tour - AVOID IT!!!

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
12 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hanh Cafe aka Open Tour - AVOID IT!!!

Well, I love Vietnam. It is my favorite country of Asia. But sh*t happens here also. And to help you to skip such piece of sh*t I gonna to describe the situation.

Yesterday, 24.01.2013, I came to the office above mentioned Hanh Cafe to buy the ticket for me and my bicycle from Saigon to Muine. I told to the girl very clear "I need a ticket for tomorrow, 25th of January", I paid, I got the piece of paper and went away to do my business.

Today, 25.01.2013, I came to the office to put my bicycle and I was very surprised to find out I'm not going with this bus because the girl sold me the ticket for yesterday, and the date mentioned in this paper is 24!!!

Well... partially it is mine mistake: I didn't check the date. But inspite on the fact mainly it is mistake of the girl there are a few remarks regarding the service:

1) When I asked to give me the phone of the boss the girl declined to do this. I found it by myself.

2) When I asked to give me new ticket or some refund she declined to to it. Actually the girl from the office was completely rude: she just dropped: "I do not want to talk with you" and jumped and ran away. Nice gesture from the person working with tourists.

3) When I called to the head office of Hanh Cafe in Nha Trang, the guy told me he can do nothing because he is not in Ho Chi Minh, and in any way there is no refund for such situation.

So, dear friends, I kindly suggest you to avoid this Hanh Cafe. Pay attention, please: I'm not the only person complaining on them. There are a plenty bad reports regarding this company on this forum, and the same thing said by Lonely Planet "Hanh Cafe Open Tour Bus and Company not recommended".

Thanks for reading and be happy.

1. Re: Hanh Cafe aka Open Tour - AVOID IT!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:21 am, March 05, 2013
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanh Cafe aka Open Tour - AVOID IT!!!

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience. A good remind for future visitors, the brand Open Tour is widely abused in Vietnam. The first original Open Tour company (Sinh Cafe) no longer exists. The founder and his partners have separated into several companies. Be careful to deal with any company claimed to be Open Tour.

Cheers

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,512 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanh Cafe aka Open Tour - AVOID IT!!!

Please be aware that Hanh Cafe and Tam Hanh are 2 different companies. In my experience Tam Hanh ranks 2nd behind Phoung Trang on that Saigon/Mui Ne route followed by Sinh Cafe. Nothing else really should be considered at this stage.

Cheers Ross

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
727 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanh Cafe aka Open Tour - AVOID IT!!!

You got it right Carl S , you should have checked your ticket , no ifs no buts

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,762 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanh Cafe aka Open Tour - AVOID IT!!!

I checked mine on arrival in HCMC at the local office, the real cost was half.

The staff in the Mui Ne office pocketed the difference.

Nice company.

Tralee, Ireland
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanh Cafe aka Open Tour - AVOID IT!!!

Hi, I just finished my open tour ticket from saigon to hanoi and i can say it has been the best bus service in South East Asia. I took sleeper buses the whole journey.The buses were very punctual and the drivers and staff pleasant.I am 6ft 4 so normally buses can be a problem for me but i had loads of room to stretch out and slept very well.The one problem which was not the drivers fault was there was a problem with one of the wheels and the bus had to stop and everyone had to get out and wait an hour until another bus arrived.

When you buy a ticket or anything for that matter in Vietnam and Asia you need to check your ticket and also retain your receipt and you will be fine.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,762 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hanh Cafe aka Open Tour - AVOID IT!!!

The ticket was collected by the driver, if I had a receipt I had made a hellish trip to their office for the overcharge.

Avoid the company, the others usually do not steal from passengers....

The sleeper bus are freezing and ok for a small chinese girl with no bag. I'm 1.80cm and there was no way to stretch the legs....

8. Re: Hanh Cafe aka Open Tour - AVOID IT!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 28, 2014