We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on Arrival

Bad Windsheim...
Level Contributor
266 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Visa on Arrival

Could anyone please recommend a company to do the first step/apply for the visa?

How is the situation like at HCMC airport right now - how long do I have to wait for the visa(arriving at 8am from Germany)

Any important advice for this procedure - except to be patient??!!

Thanks a lot!

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa on Arrival

It takes around 15 minutes to 1 hour really depends on how many flights arrive at the same time as yours.

You can search for some reputable companies, use the Search box on the right corner of this page and look for one. The cost for the visa approval letter should be around 15-20 usd per head for a single entry.Then you will need to prepare another 25 usd cash to pay at the custom counter along with 2 passport photos.

This way is much easier to get a Visa for Vietnam nowaways and the price is reasonable.

Cheers

UK
Level Contributor
214 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa on Arrival

Hi, I have used vietnamvisapro and they supplied me with the confirmation letter in 2 days and the cost was $9 USD for 1 person and $18 USD for 2 persons. This company in Vietnam seems to me to be genuine. Hope this information is helpful. uninblue.

3. Re: Visa on Arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, November 23, 2012
4. Re: Visa on Arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, November 23, 2012
Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa on Arrival

We used myvietnamvisa which is a reputable company used by many people here. It depends on how many flights arrive at the same time but it took us only about 15 minutes.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,553 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa on Arrival

mbaka, If you haven't already done so, I would suggest reading the sticky.... tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293921-c148049/Vie… You only need to supply one passport size photo when you get to the airport. The cost of visas is increasing so do keep that in mind.

Big Bear Lake...
Level Contributor
4 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa on Arrival

My daughter and I will visit HCMC for one week during Christmas holidays. We applied visa through official Vietnamese governement site (?) (www.visavietnam.gov.vn). Provided passport information, paid fee with credit card ($ 34 USD for 2), and received a reply in two days (with stamped letter). All I have to do is to pick up the visa at the airport by showing the letter. There was no mention about passport-size photo but I will take the photos just in case.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,895 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa on Arrival

"We applied visa through official Vietnamese governement site (?) (www.visavietnam.gov.vn)."

No Mike, definitely not a government site - just another commercial agent. No matter, as long as your official VOA approval letter is in order you will have no problems.

Rather bad that your agent didn't mention photos, which are most certainly required - one of you and one of your daughter.

Also there is more to the VOA procedure at the airport than you have been led to believe - you can read all about it here (scroll down to the paragraph commencing with 'At Ho Chi Minh City...:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293921-c148049/Vie…

Edited: 8:36 am, November 24, 2012
Bad Windsheim...
Level Contributor
266 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa on Arrival

Thanks a lot for all this helpful information. TA is just great!

In comparison to the German Vietnamese Embassy, that charges about US$ 90!!!! per visa, the visa on arrival procedure is a steal! I will happily wait a bit at the counter at the airport!

Bad Windsheim...
Level Contributor
266 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa on Arrival

Hi CreakingBones,, nice to talk to you again... I am the one with that old fashioned poste restante mission.