We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ho Chi Minh in 5 days too much?

Bangkok, Krung...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ho Chi Minh in 5 days too much?

I will be flying into Ho Chi Minh City and staying for 5 days. I was advised by a few friends that 2 days in the city is plenty. If that is the case, could anyone recommend any other place near Ho Chi Minh for 2-3 days? I'm just looking to maximize my trip for awe-inspiring and beautiful spots, whether landlocked or near water. Thank you for your advice!!!

- allen

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,681 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ho Chi Minh in 5 days too much?

5days isnt enough if you ask me..... I love Saigon. :)))))))))))

Vibrant/alive city!!!! :)

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,587 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ho Chi Minh in 5 days too much?

There are day trips around HCMC that will fill in your extra few days if you feel that 2 days just watching the magic of HCMC is enough. If its your first trip I'm sure that 5 days will be OK.

Cheers Ross

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
2,582 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ho Chi Minh in 5 days too much?

05 day will be fine and combine with some trips for its surroundings like mekong & cuchi. You will love this city

cheers and welcome to saigon

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ho Chi Minh in 5 days too much?

5 days is more than enough for Saigon.. there are a few scenarios that you can think of:

1) 2 days is enough if you are just staying in Saigon ONLY..

2) Add 1 more day each for Mekong Delta and Chu Chi tunnel..

Cheers

5. Re: Ho Chi Minh in 5 days too much?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, October 08, 2012
6. Re: Ho Chi Minh in 5 days too much?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, October 08, 2012
Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ho Chi Minh in 5 days too much?

Hi, I think 4 days in HCMC is plenty. Cu Chi Tunel and Cao dai Temple 1 day, Mekong denlta 2 day, Ho Chi Minh City tour 1 day and free and eazy.

Have a good trip

Thank you.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
438 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Ho Chi Minh in 5 days too much?

2 days for city and the rest of time spend for Cu chi tunnel and Mekong delta for 2D1N.

Jurong, Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ho Chi Minh in 5 days too much?

i think it is a little bit much. But it depends on how long you spend in total in Vietnam then you can go to another places in another provinces or other cities in Vietnam. I think you just need 3 or 4

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ho Chi Minh in 5 days too much?

5 days for HCM city so long with you, i think just 3 days enough for you.

- First day for HoChiMinh city and cu chi tunnel

- Second day for MeKong delta (1 or 2 day)

After that you can go to MuiNe or VungTau city - this is the beach, Đalat is the highland,....that is depend you!!

Wellcome you...