We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entry into Vietnam

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Entry into Vietnam

My wife and I are travelling to Vietnam next week. We have only purchased a ticket to HCMC as we are leaving our plans open. Will we be able to enter Vietnam with no return date booked?

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,790 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entry into Vietnam

Providing you have EITHER your VN Visa in your passports OR have the Letter of Authority stating that a visa will be issued to you on arrival (often, and mistakenly, called Visa-on-Arrival) then you will not have any problems.

Your only requiremet is to exit VN on or before the expiry date of your visa or to have sought a visa extension prior to the expiry of your original visa.

BUT NO VN Visa or letter of Authotity for a Visa to be issued on arrival then NO check-in and NO boarding pass for any airline sector terminating in Vietnam.

Best regards. Ian

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,436 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entry into Vietnam

If you get through check-in in Melbourne (Australian airlines have responsibility for bringing people back who dont get into VN ) then I think your next hurdle will be VN Immigration and Ian's advice is correct. You need a visa. You will have to provide your passport to VN immigration and you may then be asked to show you have sufficient funds for your stay in VN and a flight out to another country, without having a return ticket. This is global.

Visa on arrival is available over the net but you will have to get your skates on. There is an emergency visa system at extra cost.

Cheers Ross

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Entry into Vietnam

I think Anthony means any problem with the airline. You should have no problem and as long as you leave on or before the expirey date of your visa, you will be fine.

Owee

www.owee58.com

4. Re: Entry into Vietnam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, December 14, 2013