We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cu Chi Tunnel Afternoon Tour

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Cu Chi Tunnel Afternoon Tour

Does anyone have experience with an afternoon Cu Chi Tunnel Tour? We arrive in Ho Chi Minh from Siem Riep at 11:00AM and would like to see the tunnels afterwards.

Are the tunnels something we can show up and tour on our own? Or do we need a tour service for this? Please provide any tour service companies that can accommodate afternoon tours.

Thanks!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cu Chi Tunnel Afternoon Tour

You can take Cu Chi Tunnel tour in the afternoon, you can buy tour in District 1 or book online via company, many travel agent can accomodate this tour or you only can rent a car and explore Cu Chi by your own, you can register tourguide on site

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cu Chi Tunnel Afternoon Tour

The tunnels are about 2 1/2 hours from Hanoi so it's better to go with a tour, check out the Sinh Tourist website, I know they do morning tours but I'm not sure about afternoon but as you are arriving at 11 am by the time you get out the airport and into Hanoi I don't know if you would actually have time to visit the tunnels.

www.thesinhtourist.vn

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cu Chi Tunnel Afternoon Tour

Get round trip Taxi to Cuchi tunnels and spend around 1h drive from TanSon Nhat airport ( same direction to the Tunnels). On arrival at the site. get to watch propaganda documentary movie then local guide will show you around that including in the ticket you purchase with US$4 /person.

alternatively to book Saigon River express boat to Tunnels in afternoon, they leave everyday

Note: it is wet to very wet in the afternoon this time of year. Raincoat/umbrella and insect repellent should be with you

Cheers and hope this helps

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cu Chi Tunnel Afternoon Tour

You could also try Jason Superstar. We did the Mekong tour with him last month & would have done the Tunnels with him had I known he also does this. We just watched our DVD with him tonight & he's absolutely hilarious, as well as being very knowledgeable. You can do a search on here to find info on him. But he's a TA favorite.

You can contact him at: jasontripadvisor@yahoo.com

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,526 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cu Chi Tunnel Afternoon Tour

Chrella

The tunnels are about 2 1/2 hours from Hanoi

-------------

Saigon, my friend, Saigon aka Ho Chi Minh City :-)

OP. it might be easier to go for a private tour direct from the airport...... as heinzhuynh says, it's sort of on the way. I can't see the point of coming into District 1, just to retrace part of your route back out. The tunnels themselves close around 5pm - getting dark in HCMC around 6.15pm. You should have plenty of time to see them.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cu Chi Tunnel Afternoon Tour

Thank-you for the replies everyone! I look forward to the trip. A follow up question..

If I do a private tour guide (i.e. Jason Superstar), is it safe to leave bags in their car? Traditionally I wouldn't do this, but I'm guessing we won't have time to stop at the hotel. I'll just be backpacking anyways, so nothing to valuable will be in there.

Thanks

Hanoi
Level Contributor
734 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cu Chi Tunnel Afternoon Tour

the private car is safe to store you luggages. don't worry, but all in all, you should bring the valued things with you like cash, passport.

8. Re: Cu Chi Tunnel Afternoon Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:06 am, June 19, 2012
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,379 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cu Chi Tunnel Afternoon Tour

Recommending your own company is not allowed on TripAdvisor.

10. Re: Cu Chi Tunnel Afternoon Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:06 am, June 20, 2012