We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The latest and updated taxi fare fr airport to district 1

Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
Save Topic
The latest and updated taxi fare fr airport to district 1

The taxi fare fr airport to district 1 in your post doesn't show the recent year 2012. Is the taxi counter in the airport that charges flat rate n ticket system still exist. I'll be going to HCM this sat 9th june. Plse advise.Tq..

Sheffield U.K
Level Contributor
991 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The latest and updated taxi fare fr airport to district 1

Also if you have any thing like hold luggage the bus driver may charge you 4000 VND for the luggage aswell so if the driver wants to charge you 8000 VND it will be 4000 for you and 4000 for your big luggage.

Michael

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
65 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: The latest and updated taxi fare fr airport to district 1

thanks michael. i'll be using a backpack..hopefully it'll pass without a fee!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,383 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: The latest and updated taxi fare fr airport to district 1

You'll probably find your back pack will be counted, unless it's a very small one. 4000 dong (all of about 30sg cents) is hardly going to break the bank anyway. Bargain trip.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
65 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: The latest and updated taxi fare fr airport to district 1

thats right..sometimes its just thrilling to get a bargain :) even if after converting currencies its hardly anything

Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: The latest and updated taxi fare fr airport to district 1

Hi guys...i've arrived in HCM safely. Everything at the airport was smooth n luckily for me it's not crowded as seen in the video which scares me. Walked out of the immigration area n i saw a row of counters but couldn't find Mai Linh or Vinasun taxi counter. There's Saigon Air counter which provide taxi services. Bkd with them n they chrg me 10 usd but when i told them it shld be ard 6usd they told me the price hs gone up. Still feel that it's better n cheaper than having to pay 40usd if i bk fr hotel. Pd them at the counter n the staff brought me to the taxi outside. Leaving the airport at the exit we hv to pay 10000 dong. I told the driver we pd 2100000 dong at the counter but he said that is only for the taxi fare not the toll. Then otw he told us that the actual fare fr airport to district 1 shld only be 110000 dong. The taxi agent chrg 100000 dong extra as commission. But for me it's still ok coz i reached safely at the hotel. Today is my 2nd day n i'm going to walk ard n explore the city.

Can anyone tell me which is the best way to go sightseeing. By taxi on our own or bk through tour agent. The hotel chrg 190usd for 2person for 1day city tour n chuchi tunnel. The agent outside the hotel chrg 39usd per person for half day tour to chuchi tunnel with english speaking guide n private tour.

I was told that if we go by taxi on our own we still hv to pay the entrance fee n there'll be no guide n coming back will be a problem taking a taxi with all the scam....Thanks once again everyone n hv a gd day...

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,258 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: The latest and updated taxi fare fr airport to district 1

190USD? Holy Toledo!! Unless you want to do a private tour, the bigger group tours aren't too bad, I'm not a big fan of tours but ours was fine and possibly even a bit more enjoyable for having others to interact with. We did a TNK Travel tour for about $5 each, and had a really good guide. Sinh Cafe also does a reasonably good bus tour.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: The latest and updated taxi fare fr airport to district 1

Just to add my experience of getting a taxi at Ho Chi Minh airport... the first time I followed advice on going to the Mai Linh counter inside departures at the airport. They insisted the cost had gone up, and should be $12/ 250,000VND to go to District 1, not $8/ 150,000VND. I argued a bit feebly - my first time in Vietnam- and ended up paying $12. I guess there's only so much arguing you want to do over a few quid. Anyway, a taxi back to the airport cost 120,000VND on the meter, so next time went through Ho Chi Minh airport I just went out to the taxi rank (well, taxi area) ignored the touts except to ask one how much (err half a million dong anyone?), went to the line where the Vinasun taxis stop,a short distance on the left which is very obvious, got a metered taxi in about 5 minutes, paid 120,000 VND on the meter, plus 10,000VND for the airport toll (there's different opinions on various forums about whether or not you have to pay this, but it's peanuts really). So my advice is don't bother with the airport counters, just wade out there, avoid the touts, and get a metered Vinasun taxi. Or a Mai Linh taxi - they normally have a good reputation, just the counter in the airport seems to have started it's own sideline in scamming newly-arrived tourists. Don't take any other taxis, watch out for the fabled fake taxis called Vinasum etc, have the name and address of your hotel written down clearly, pay what's on the meter, add 10,000 dong for the airport exit fee if they ask for it because it isn't worth arguing, and if you do somehow get into an argument haul over the doorman at your hotel to help sort it out. I would stress though that the only time I got obviously scammed by a taxi in Vietnam was at the Mai Linh counter at the airport, so don't worry too much, and Vietnamese people are generally very friendly and helpful.

Edited: 8:21 am, June 19, 2013
Cowes, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: The latest and updated taxi fare fr airport to district 1

Would there be much price difference going to district 7?

Cowes, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: The latest and updated taxi fare fr airport to district 1

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,383 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: The latest and updated taxi fare fr airport to district 1

Zencra

------------------

Yes, it's across the river. Expect at least 100k more depending on location in D7