We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cyclo tours

perth
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
cyclo tours

would like to know of anyones experiences with these tours, and which one best.

Was thinking this would be a nice introduction for us to see some sights before venturing out on our own.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,094 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cyclo tours

smrte I wouldn't do this. These pages are full of bad cyclo reports some even violent in HCMC. There are many different scams these blokes pull to extract cash from you, and I dont mean just being ripped of a few dollars.

Put a search in the box at the top of the page for cyclo scams.

If you still want to do it get in touch with ComeandGo for a driver his Agency uses, just dont get in anything.

Cheers Ross

Ho Chi Minh city
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cyclo tours

not safe except you can tell your hotel staff call Mr Ly Cyclo 0909 435645 or Mr Nghia 0918245806, they will arrange cyclo tour for you. Price: 100.000vnd/40min , the others will charge you a lot, many guests of mine have this problem

3. Re: cyclo tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:53 am, April 29, 2013
perth
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cyclo tours

thankyou for comments, can anyone suggest then what is a good quick introduction to HCMC?

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,094 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cyclo tours

smrte just take a seat along Pham Ngu Lao Street's bars or cafe and spend a few hours just watching VN going by. Its extraordinary and you will also see what everyone says about some of the cyclo's. If you go to Ben Thanh markets just have your wits about you and dont take any taxis other than Mai Linh or Vinasun. Have a look at the activities along the 23/9 park such as Dancing, Exercise and above the foot shuttlecock players.

Cheers Ross

Las Pinas...
Level Contributor
24 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cyclo tours

Did the Cyclo tour of Urban Adventure last year. You may check my review of that tour on my page. I paid USD15, but I think they're more expensive now. I enjoyed that tour, and I'd recommend it.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: cyclo tours

beware of cyclos u hailmon the street. just got ripped off by a couple of these unsavoury characters. was walking with the wife and offered a ride by two cyclos behind the new world hotel. they showed me a book with many handwritten testimonies from purported passengers and offered the ride for 15k vnd each. at the end of the ride they demanded 500k. i refused and they turned wery agressive. several other cyclo pedalers who were in the vicinity also got involved. surrounded by such thuggery, i gave them 300k and they left. my advise is take the taxi. forget about the cyclos unless u are a local. i took a taxi to mynnext destination n it cost me 50k vnd. expensive lesson with the cyclos for me. dont make the same mistake.. avoid them at all cost unless u book a cyclo tour with an agency.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: cyclo tours

beware of cyclos u hailmon the street. just got ripped off by a couple of these unsavoury characters. was walking with the wife and offered a ride by two cyclos behind the new world hotel. they showed me a book with many handwritten testimonies from purported passengers and offered the ride for 15k vnd each. at the end of the ride they demanded 500k. i refused and they turned wery agressive. several other cyclo pedalers who were in the vicinity also got involved. surrounded by such thuggery, i gave them 300k and they left. my advise is take the taxi. forget about the cyclos unless u are a local. i took a taxi to mynnext destination n it cost me 50k vnd. expensive lesson with the cyclos for me. dont make the same mistake.. avoid them at all cost unless u book a cyclo tour with an agency.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cyclo tours

So, even if you do a cyclo tour with a travel company you're likely to get ripped off or abused? I have been considering the Intrepid Travel Urban Adventure tour, as my husband doesn't much like walking, and even more so in the heat. Even though sights look fairly close (and yes, $19 is probably expensive for Vietnam), I thought we could cut down the amount of walking by doing this tour (thus avoiding a grumpy husband)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cyclo tours

sorry but what are cyclo tours? are they like rickshaws or trishaws where they wheel you around in a buggy on a bike?

Get answers to your questions about Ho Chi Minh City