We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuong Trang Bus Service - how easy is it to pre book?

Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Phuong Trang Bus Service - how easy is it to pre book?

Hi just wondering how often the Phuong Trang Bus service runs from HCMC to Mui Nu?. We are 4 travellers and would like to go from Phu Quoc to HCMC to Mui Ne in the one day. Is this possible? How easy is it to book this bus service. We will be staying in Bich Duyen Hotel in HCMC when we first arrive - is the bus company nearby?

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Phuong Trang Bus Service - how easy is it to pre book?

Ross is mixing up the Cafe'...^^__^^

Hanh Cafe' is the bad one, Sinh Tourists is the best when there is no Phuong Trang (they are based in HCMC only, Sinh will cover all Vietnam).

Sinh is doing Mui Ne as a middle stop for Nha Trang, make sure the hotel will wait for you at 2am...

You can book Sinh on the website https://www.thesinhtourist.vn/

7:15 AM 12:15 PM Sitting

1:45 PM 7:00 PM Sitting

8:00 PM 1:00 AM Sleeping

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Phuong Trang Bus Service - how easy is it to pre book?

Sorry Chris I think I may be as confused as M says !!. Looks like it will have to be Sinh Tourists sleeping coach for you. Are you staying at a Hotel in HCMC ? If so ask your reception about the Mai Linh service from the Mein Dong Terminal as they may be able to help you get onto the right Coach before 8pm. Otherwise it looks like the night Coach by Sinh Tourist.

Cheers Ross

Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Phuong Trang Bus Service - how easy is it to pre book?

Anyone can help? 2 of us from will be arriving in Ho Chi Minh City airport at 08:40 27 Mar 2014. We plan to take the Phuong Trang Bus Service from HCM City to Mui Ne on the same day.

1) Is there a service from the airport to Mui Ne direct or we need to go to to the town to take the bus?

2) Any idea where can I check the timing for the Phuong Trang Bus Service? I read few sites and they mentioned that the service stop at 11am for HCM City to Mui Ne. Is it true?

Thanks.

Mike

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Phuong Trang Bus Service - how easy is it to pre book?

There is the Sinh service a 1.30pm or the Phuong Trang afternoon service at 4.00pm. Both go from De Tham/Pham Ngu Lao corner District 1,and the offices of both are nearby. Take a Vinasun taxi from the airport buy your ticket, sit at Allezboo for a bit of lunch and a people watch while you wait for the coach which is right out in front of Allezboo. Both services are good Phuong Trang a little better as they will drop you adjacent or right out front of your Ham Tien (Mui Ne) address.

Cheers. Ross

Edited: 6:28 am, March 12, 2014
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Phuong Trang Bus Service - how easy is it to pre book?

latest info

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293925-c206003/Ho-Ch…

but check schedule , in low season some bus are not running.

26. Re: Phuong Trang Bus Service - how easy is it to pre book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, March 13, 2014
Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Phuong Trang Bus Service - how easy is it to pre book?

Hi thanks for the info. Looking at the 2 buses available on 27 Mar (Sinh service at 1.30pm or the Phuong Trang at 4.00pm), it means we will reach Mui Ni at night time !

Hence I am wondering whether we should stay one night at HCM city and catch the earliest bus to Mui Ne on 28 Mar? Will the traffic jam be bad, considering it is a friday.

Or should we still go ahead to Mui Ne on 27 Mar, which means less time to explore the place since we will reach there at night and leaving Mui Ne on 29 Mar.

Montreal, Quebec...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Phuong Trang Bus Service - how easy is it to pre book?

Just make sure you don't use Phuong Nam bus service. They're located on the same street and it's easy to mess them up, but they're absolutely awful. It took 6 1/2 hours to get to Mui Ne, the driver didn't speak English, and even though someone asked for the address of my guesthouse in Mui Ne when I got on the bus (and they wrote it down), the bus went past the guesthouse to the main stop. THEN, a motorbike conveniently came up and charged us almost as much as my whole bus ticket to bring me 5 minutes back up the road. Such a scam.

Then the pick-up from the guesthouse was 50 minutes late. Phuong Trang, however, was right on time. I saw it go right in front of my guesthouse...

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Phuong Trang Bus Service - how easy is it to pre book?

Yes, but it takes 8 hours to go to HCMC.....

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
30. Re: Phuong Trang Bus Service - how easy is it to pre book?

Futa buslines (Phuong Trang) is very bad.

I am a tourist from Singapore, my wife is a Vietnamese.

I book a ticket back to Ho Chi Minh with my hotel, Huong Kim Resort in Mui Ne.

I paid 600,000 dong for 2 tickets but ended up in a very bad state. Actual price for ticket 135,000 dong each.

I was not given a seat no. by the hotel.

I was only told we were given seats at level 1 of this sleeping bus.

When the time is up for us to board the bus, we were told to wait for the next bus.

It was then I started to be puzzled.

When the next bus arrived we board the bus a took up 2 of the middle row seats at level 1.

The bus took us to the next stop and more people board the bus.

The actual owners of the seats we have take board the bus and we were told to make way.

Then to the next stop, the owners of these 2nd seat we took requested the seats from us again.

We felt hopeless as the only seats left were the 2 seats at the end of the bus, and what's worse, they were on level 2.

I then ask my wife to check with the bus attendant what's going on.

The bus attendant told us that we have board the wrong bus.

The bus we booked was at 1.30pm and this bus we are on is 2pm.

We told the attendant that we were arranged by the station crew to take this bus instead.

So he call back to Mui Ne station.

After a long conversation between them, we were told that those 2 seats left were the only seats available.

If we do not want to go with their arrangement then we will have to alight the bus.

I do not want to give in to such nonsense hence me and my wife alighted at Phan Tiet station.

At Phan Tiet station, we call back to our hotel which we booked out tickets.

We want a refund but the hotel staff say they have arranged for us to board the next bus and the seat no. is B03 & B04. (These seats are 2nd row on the 2nd level)

I gave in by accepting this arrangement although they are on 2nd level.

Bus arrived and we took our seat. This bad incident did not come to an end...

We were once again told that we are on the wrong seats, we are allocated to the end of the bus again.

This has became intolerable.... I was fumed and request for justice even though my Vietnamese was bad.

The manager of Phan Tiet station stepped in to help.

He managed to get my wife a seat at row 1 level 1.

But he only managed to get us one.

I was being ask to take the seat of the bus attendant until someone alight at the stopover which is 2hrs from where we board.

I agreed to given in further and accept his arrangement.

So we board the bus and continue our journey.

When we reached the stopover, my wife ask the bus attendant again for my seat.

The worst of the whole incident begins....

The bus attendant told my wife no one will be alighting in another 2hrs time where Ho Chi Minh is only 1hr away from where that passenger alight.

I decided to continue seating at the attendant seat throughout as a form of petition...

This is so that I have proof to show the station master of Ho Chi Minh how I was treated.

*all the above were typed during my journey on the bus attendant seat.

**important piece of advice...confirm your seat no. during purchase, ask for official receipt with seat no. written.

***i bet my life,, I will never engage their service again.