We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

?Indochina Treks

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,385 posts
81 reviews
28 helpful votes
?Indochina Treks

Anybody used this company, like to hear any comments

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,385 posts
81 reviews
28 helpful votes
21. Re: ?Indochina Treks

sorry no idea what the other boat is like

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
4 helpful votes
22. Re: ?Indochina Treks

I was also on the Jayavarman Cruise April 14 to 21 and it was superb and highly recommended. We used Indochina Treks for most of our bookings - the cruise, a 2 day/3 night Halong Bay cruise, day tours in Hanoi, Siem Reap (Angkor Wat) and Ho Chi Min City (Cu Chi tunnels), the Caravelle Hotel in HCM and all our internal flights with Vietnam Airlines. Kelvin (Do Ha) was most helpful, suggesting itineraries, keeping us informed of flight time changes, replying promptly to all enquiries and even adjusting a tour to suit our wishes while we were on the trip. When we returned from our Halong Bay cruise, he was waiting at our hotel to meet us and ask for our opinions on the cruise and tours he booked for us - now that is service!! I would definitely recommend his company and I found it helpful to have a local contact while on the trip.

Mission Beach
Level Contributor
68 posts
75 reviews
29 helpful votes
23. Re: ?Indochina Treks

Am considering using this company to book Halong Bay and Sapa Tours. Did you find a good hotel in Hanoi? I checked prices between Indochina Treks and Buffalo Tours and there was a difference of $100 between the two companies..with Buffalo Tours being $100 more. Wonder why? We have 12 days to spend in the Hanoi and surrounding areas. Any suggestions where to go beside Halong Bay and Sapa? thanks heaps.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
4 helpful votes
24. Re: ?Indochina Treks

We stayed at the Sofitel Metropole Hanoi and loved it !! (I've reviewed it on Trip Advisor) We chose the Sofitel as we are members of Accor Advantage Plus and we were able to use our free night here, as well as 50% discount when dining - great choice of restaurants within the hotel and half price breakfasts.

Hoi An is a beautiful place to visit if you don't mind a flight of about 1hr 15 mins to Da Nang, then by road to Hoi An.

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,385 posts
81 reviews
28 helpful votes
25. Re: ?Indochina Treks

Another hotel to have a look at in Hanoi is the Golden Lotus, stayed there and found it a good spot and great rooms (rooms with windows) staff were great as well

Mission Beach
Level Contributor
68 posts
75 reviews
29 helpful votes
26. Re: ?Indochina Treks

Thanks for the tip re Hoi An. I think I will have enough time to do that side trip. Any tips re hotel in Hoi An please?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
27. Re: ?Indochina Treks

We booked the Princess Junk for our halong tour..that's great. Strongly recommend this for halong!

We stayed at the Vinh Hung riverside resort. It's lovely, faces to the river and just walking distance to the town.

we booked many with indochinatreks and found no problem. Appreciated great assistance from kelvin...Check items in details. if all are the same, choose agent with best price!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
15 helpful votes
28. Re: ?Indochina Treks

I recently took my mum and aunt (both in their late 70s) to Saigon for a holiday. As this was our first trip to Vietnam I did not really know what to do or expect and researched TripAdvisor.

The initial advice given to me was that it was a wrong destination choice especially with two elderly people who were a little nervous. They would not be able to cope with the crowd and the traffic.

I could not do anything about changing the destination because I had already bought the air tickets (a special on Malaysian Airlines). I decided after more research to go with a tour agent in Vietnam and after sourcing 4 different ones decided on using Indochina Trek a recommendation from Marlene. After numerous emails with questions and changes Kelvin finalised the following itinerary:

Day 1: Arrive at about 4.00 - Grand Silverland Hotel & Spa - Free to venture

Day 2: Cooking Lesson and Bonsai Dinner Cruise

Day 3: Great Holy See Temple and Cu Chi Tunnels

Day 4: Mekong River Cruise 2D/1N- Le Cochinchine

Day 5: Mekong River Day 2 - return to HCMC - Caravelle Hotel

Day 6: Free – we ventured to Notre Dame Cathedral & the War Museum on our own

Day 7: Free - wondering around shopping etc... until departure at 6pm

From being picked up on arrival to being dropped off on departure and all the tours in between Kelvin could not have done anything more to make our holiday a pleasant and fantastic experience. Every detail was attended to. The guides for all the tours were fantastic and were very helpful with all our questions whether they were related to the tour we were on or had nothing to do with the tour. I had initially costed booking the tours and hotels myself but decided to have it all co-ordinated by Kelvin which he did perfectly. It worked out just a little more expensive but well worth the extra expense as I did not have to do the running around and bookings myself.

Our guide Huong went out of her way after our full day tour on Day 3 and took me to a tailor because I had simply enquired if she being a local could recommend one to me. She did not only recommend a fantastic tailor but also took me there personally. This was a total surprise to me especially when she would have been exhausted after almost 9 hours with us and then going that extra mile to take me. I had 4 dresses made for 60 USD each (price includes the material). It took two days and wow they turned out perfect!

The Cooking Lesson was fun although at times it was a little difficult to understand the Chef but thank goodness we got it right an our lunch turned out fantastic. The Bonsai Dinner Cruise was entertaining and the relaxing. We also enjoyed the Great Holy See Temple and Cu Chi tunnels – very interesting and informative and so much history!

Thanks to Kelvin and Indochina Trek our first visit to Vietnam was fabulous and worry free! We will definitely want to return to Vietnam and take on the advice of other reviewers to go to Hoi An.

PS I have also posted reviews on the Hotels & LeCochine Cruise on TA

Edited: 12:06 am, October 19, 2012
Essen, Germany
Level Contributor
20 posts
29. Re: ?Indochina Treks

We booked also most of our parts of Vietnam tour through Indochinatreks - Mekong, Halong and sapa tours. Definitely recommend this company, especially Kelvin. He's the best of all I ever contacted with. He has very good command of Eng, good knowledge of vietnam and suppliers. I always got his replies in details just few minutes after sending the email, Amazingly....

Mission Beach
Level Contributor
68 posts
75 reviews
29 helpful votes
30. Re: ?Indochina Treks

Have just returned from a trip to Vietnam and Indochina Treks arranged the whole itinerary. Cannot speak highly enough for this company. Their local knowledge, drivers and guides were thoroughly professional, knew their country intimately and had great sense of humour whilst caring for us all the way. Small attention to details, like an umbrella for when I would have been sunburned whilst tracking. I had a bad fall whilst in Hanoi, and they went above and beyond my expectations in ensuring I was being well cared for. Also, they promptly and efficiently attended to the paperwork so I could claim my travel insurance. When things go wrong is when stars shine, and Indochina Treks is a large star. I would always use them again, and hope to return to complete the rest of my trip which had to be cancelled. Go Indochina Treks, you deserve to do well.

Get answers to your questions about Ho Chi Minh City