We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Days in HCMC - Can we fit in Mekong Delta?

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
3 Days in HCMC - Can we fit in Mekong Delta?

We have planned a trip to Vietnam in April, and will have 2 nights / 3 days at the end of our trip in HCMC. In addition to spending some time there, we are also interested in seeing the Mekong Delta.

I am wondering if we can do a day trip to Mekong Delta - or if the tour operators simply take you on a 'shopping' tour where you don't get to see much. Would it be worth us staying a night in Mekong Delta instead?

Would be great to get some recommendations. Thanks!

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
721 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 3 Days in HCMC - Can we fit in Mekong Delta?

I think a Dong10,000 bill is enough most times, I give 'tourist beggars'(in tourist areas) Dong2,000 or Dong5,000 to old beggars.

12. Re: 3 Days in HCMC - Can we fit in Mekong Delta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, April 25, 2006
Seoul, Korea
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: 3 Days in HCMC - Can we fit in Mekong Delta?

We just had three nights in HCMC (10-13 Apr) and did an overnight tour to the Mekong Delta. We overnighted in Can Tho. The tour included a stop at the Cu Chi tunnels, which was very good. We spent a lot of time on the river seeing the floating market and the traffic of commerce; we also visited a small local village off one of the many canals.

It was a good tour, but if we had to do over we would probably do a one day tour to the Mekong so we could see more things in HCMC.