We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 2 Day Tours in Ho Chi Minh and Branded Outlet Stores

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Top 2 Day Tours in Ho Chi Minh and Branded Outlet Stores

Hi Ü I will be going to Ho Chi Minh later this year, since I want to enjoy my vacation and not go through the hustle and bustle of a hectic tour, I am planning to go on day tours instead. I've seen a lot and I'm not sure which ones would be the best (I am thinking of only going through 2 at maximum); since I will be there for only 3 nights and 4 days. I've seen: Cu Chi Tours, Mekong Delta tours, Ho Chi Minh City tour and I am not sure which 2 are the best that I should go to. Does anyone have any suggestions? And, do you think it would be best to book through Viator.Com? I was thinking of booking airport-hotel transfer after reading all the horror stories on Vietnam taxis.

Also, I've seen a lot of branded stuff that are Made In Vietnam and wanted to know if you had ideas if there is an outlet store in Ho Chi Minh selling branded items (such as Lacoste, Gap, etc). I wanted to get stuff at outlet price. Aside from the Ben Thanh market, do you also have other recommended shopping spots? I wanted to bring back masks as house decor..

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Top 2 Day Tours in Ho Chi Minh and Branded Outlet Stores

Hi,

You can always combine Cu Chi and Saigon City Tour within a day and Mekong Delta the next day (watch out the tourists' traps at My Tho, Ben Tre, Cai Be and Vinh Long..!). This means you need only 2 days for touring and the remaining time is for shopping and shopping

Do not worry much about the taxis scams! what you need to do is just to book your hotel ( later this year may mean the peak season?) and organize the airport pickup with that hotel

Apart from Ben Thanh Market, you can shop at Binh Tay Market and An Dong Market in China Town, and the Tax Trade Shopping Mall at the downtown of Saigon

Cheers and welcome to Saigon,

Khoi

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Top 2 Day Tours in Ho Chi Minh and Branded Outlet Stores

thanks khoi_guide Ü I was wondering would you know which district is better to stay in? District 1 or District 3? I'm looking at a hotel in District 1, but there are cheaper hotels with good reviews in District 3.

Would you also have recommendations about where I can book reasonably priced tours?

Appreciate the help Ü

Vietnam
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Top 2 Day Tours in Ho Chi Minh and Branded Outlet Stores

For your question on shopping for branded stuffs, visit the newly opened Vincom Center-

Vietnam720.com/travel-tips/vincom-center/

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top 2 Day Tours in Ho Chi Minh and Branded Outlet Stores

Hi evange.. Im also from the Philippines and am planning to go to HCM next month. I also have the same concerns as you. Although so far, I have decided to stay in District 1, although I havent decided on which particular hotel. I am thinking of skipping the Mekong Delta and just devote 2 days for Cuchi, Cao Dai, and a whole day City Tour. But I havent really decided yet.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Top 2 Day Tours in Ho Chi Minh and Branded Outlet Stores

Hi there,

There are many family run hotels in district 1. They are clean and got all basic facilities of a standard hotel ( hot shower, A/C, satellite TV....). The cost is just around 20 bucks per double per night

It is very interesting to travel to Mekong Delta for a day provided you can avoid the tourists' traps of My Tho, Cai Be and Vinh Long. It is a vast region with over 21 million people and lots of untouched areas

Cheer,

Khoi

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Top 2 Day Tours in Ho Chi Minh and Branded Outlet Stores

Hi, Hotel in Dist 3 is obviously cheaper than Dist 1 coz it's a bit far from Ben Thanh Market and from tourist spots. However, if you travel by car, dont worry about the hotel far or close from center.

Thien Thao hotel in Dist 3 - 89 Cao Thang, Dist. 3. The room is pretty nice and 3-star standard service. google this hotel, email them and deal with them to have the better price.

I think the hotels in Dist 3 and some Dist which not close to the center are easy for us to deal for down price

7. Re: Top 2 Day Tours in Ho Chi Minh and Branded Outlet Stores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 02, 2011