We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

night market operating hours

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
Save Topic
night market operating hours

Up to what time is the night market in Ben Thahn?

Operating hours of shops along backpacker's area?

Hanoi, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: night market operating hours

around 11.30 the shop close.

Along backpackers's area, some close at 8.30, some close at 10.00, depends on what you want to buy.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,298 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: night market operating hours

Ben T. is a day market - at night food vendors set up shop just outside. I know of no night mkt in the area (are you thinking of Hanoi ?)

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,290 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: night market operating hours

There is a collection of stalls, both food and clothing, that set up outside and off down the side street when the main Ben Thanh market closes. Quite popular with some but I've never found anything that I couldn't have got anywhere else. There are barriers at each end, not that it stops the motorbikes hurtling through. Sets up around 6pm (as it gets dark)..

Europe
Level Contributor
870 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: night market operating hours

Some of the stalls sell really good food, though. In my opinion. I often have grilled fish in one of the makeshift restaurants on the (north?) side, the side that is furthest away from the backpacker area.

I agree that in terms of shopping there is not much there that catches my interest. I guess that 20 trips to Vietnam kind of took care of my shopping needs :-)

bundeena
Level Contributor
970 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: night market operating hours

Found great clothes ,knock off designer bags, wallets,polo's spos labels cheaper than day makets and not so pushy I think they are open till 10pm great food also.

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: night market operating hours

Depending on the weather and the amount of traffic, I have found the BTM night stalls open till almost 1:00 sometimes. Remember this is Viet Nam and they are on ISH time. 6 ish, 8 ish.......

Drifter

www.vnfrom.blogspot.com

7. Re: night market operating hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 05, 2010