We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time to Ho Chin Min

singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
First Time to Ho Chin Min

Hi,

i will be coming to Ho Chin Min by tiger Airline.

I have not do any booking of hotel yet.

I will be HCM for 4 days. Can someone help me which hotel is good ,either 3 or 4 stars and where can I do the booking in Singapore or at the airport or directly.

How about the local tour and the booking and places of interest.

Where are the good places to eat and shop.

Please help.

HCMC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time to Ho Chin Min

Good evening

Welcome to HCMC

I recommend you staying at the Ha Hien hotel , 145 Ly Tu Trong street, 1 street behind Ben Thanh market and 1 minute from Saigon Square. it is easy for you to go shopping if you stay there

The Hotel mamager offers only 32 USD for one Deluxe rooom, you will require higher floor from 5th to 9th. Free breakfast, internet

If you want group tour, please look for the Sinh tourist

If you want private tour, please look for some travel agents that are highly recommended on this forum

Best regards

Jason SSS

HCMC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time to Ho Chin Min

+ Restaurant recommended : Lemongrass, Quan An Ngon, Pho Hoa Pastuer, Thanh Binh, Pho 2000

+ Where to shop ? Ben Thanh market, Binh Tay Chinatown market, An Dong market, Saigon Square, Russian market ( Tax Shopping center)

If you want to spend more money : Diamond Plaza, Parkson 1, 2, 3, 4. Dong Khoi shopping street

What to see ?

1 . Saigon highlight :

* French buildings like Notre Dame church, Post Office, Continental hotel , City hall, City Opera House, Ben Thanh market, HCMC museum, Saigon Supreme Court

* Former US Embassy, Helicoper's Evacuation buidling which appeared on Newsweek front page on Nov 16 2009

* War museum, History museum, Presidential Palace

+ Chinatown : Thien Hau Temple ( Goddess of the sea), Quan Am pagoda ( Goddess of Mercy ), Giac Lam pagoda ( built in 1744 )

+ Vinh Nghiem pagoda , Jade Emperor pagoda

2. Cu Chi tunnels & Cao Dai Holy See

3. Vung Tau beach by hydroifoil

4. Mekong Delta one day

or Cai Be homestay 2 days,

or Can Tho 2 day

or Cai Be homestay & Can Tho 3 days

or Cai Be homestay & Chau Doc 3 days,

or Can Tho & Chau Doc 3 days

5. Phu Quoc paradise islands by air with Vietnam Airlines

6. Mui Be beach

Hope you have a great choice and great time in HCMC

Best regards

Jason SSS

3. Re: First Time to Ho Chin Min

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 17, 2010