We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Resort

Cambridge, England
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Resort

I'm staying in HCMC for 7 nights but want to take 4 or 5 nights in a beach side resort.

Does anyone have any knowledge on which is the best resort within a reasonable distance?

Thanks!!

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,745 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Resort

I hear Phan Rang or Vung Tao are excellent beaches not too far from HCM but it depends on how far , far is. I went to Nha Trang and loved the beaches there but that was a days train ride away.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Resort

Vung Tau (to the Southeast) is about 2 hours from HCMC, or 1 hr 15 minutes ride via the hydrofoil. Mui Ne (near Phan Thiet, to the Northeast) is about 5 hours drive. These are your best bet. Vung Tau is where all the city folks from HCMC go to escape the heat on the weekend, expect large crowd during this time. Mui Ne is a relatively new beach development and less well-known. Both town have plenty of resort option.

Hanoi Vietnam
Level Contributor
963 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Resort

TL's,

If you have the budget to take a car you should go to Phan Thiet. If you are doing public/backpacker transport then you should go to one of those mentioned above.

Martin

Hanoi Vietnam
Level Contributor
963 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Resort

......Or take a night train to Nha Trang or Hoi An (Danang)

m

Get answers to your questions about Ho Chi Minh City