We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4-5 Days Trip to HCM

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
6 posts
Save Topic
4-5 Days Trip to HCM

Hi, my cousin and I are planning a trip to HCm around 1 Nov. We are thinking of a 4-5days trip. Wondering if there is any kind soul who can help us plan for our itinerary?

Our main aim on this trip is for sight seeing, shopping, tailor make clothes. If possible, I would like to source for furniture to ship back to S'pore for my new house as well. Any recomendations?

Thanks in advance!

Saigon
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 4-5 Days Trip to HCM

Dear Ch3rylll,

Book 5 days at Elios hotel and do itinerary as bellows:

Day 1. Arrive. Free

Day 2. Saigon - City tour - Cuchi Tunnel

Day 3. Saigon - Mekong Mytho / Caibe

Day 4, 5. Free shopping still departure

Shopping place:

1. Ben Thanh Market

2. An Dong Plaza (Dist 5)

3. Saigon Square

4. Tax Trade Center

5. Parkson Plaza

6. Furniture you can find at Cong Hoa St, Tan Binh Dist

Good luck

Dent

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4-5 Days Trip to HCM

Hi,

The great places that you can visit in hcmc (city centre) are the War Museum and Presidential Palace/Reunification Palace. These can be done in the morning. They close at 11am until 1.30pm for lunch. These 2 places are nearby but it's the war museum is kinda hidden. Then you can have lunch at famous Quan An Ngon Restaurant opposite the Presidential Palace.

Also not to miss is the Notre Dame Cathederal, the general post office and Dong Khoi street.

1 day should be allocated only for sightseeing in the city centre (as suggested above) and if you like shopping, 1 day for shopping :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 4-5 Days Trip to HCM

for the Remants War Museum and Presidential Palace, is it within walking distance from Elios hotel?

i would like to avoid taking taxis in HCMC in view of the numerous stories heard here in the forum...

thanks

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4-5 Days Trip to HCM

Hi,

Elios Hotel is nearer to the Ben Thanh market area, which is quite a distance to the city centre where the places of interest are located at. Walking will take about 15-20mins and u have to be familiar with your map and do some memorising. I suggest that you take a taxi to war museum and start your city tour from there. Walk to presidential/reunification palace. Have lunch at Quan An Ngon restaurant which is just across the street from the palace. Museum n palace close from 11am to 1.30pm for lunch. After lunch you can go to the Notre Dame cathederal and post office (both places are very close to each other). And then spend some time walking and maybe shopping (not so cheap though) at the nearby Dong Khoi area. And then enjoying sunset and Saigon at night from Saigon Bar at the roof of Caravelle Hotel.

As for taxis in Saigon, we didn't have any bad encounters with taxis (and that was 2 weeks ago!). They use meter and they're pretty cheap (starting from 11000 to 15000 dong). To be safe, go for Vasun taxis (white and green cab) or the yellow colour cabs. They're fine. Nothing to worry. Just point to the meter whenever get into one.

Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 4-5 Days Trip to HCM

Hi,

Thanks for the generous contributions from all!

Appreciate it. We are now deciding which day to go on our trip. was wondering if there are any sights/scenes that can only be seen during weekend Sat or Sun. Cos if so we will need to plan at least one weekend in HCM.

also anyone here has used the service of VietLand Discovery Tour Co.? any comments about them?

6. Re: 4-5 Days Trip to HCM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 12, 2009