We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Updated recs for Hotel in Dong Khoi Area around $50-70?

Sunny Cali
Level Contributor
106 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Need Updated recs for Hotel in Dong Khoi Area around $50-70?

I've searched the postings & many of the recommendations for hotels around the $50-70 price range are about $20-40 more! My guidebooks are outdated now. Looking for updated reccommendations. Thought the Dong Khoi area would be fun - walk to restaurants, shops, markets, nightlife? doesn't have to be luxury - but clean, ac, in good condition. Considering Bong Sen 2, Mifuki, Indochine or Spring Hotel (is this too far to walk?). Any thought on these hotels for what I'm looking for?

Mentioned in this post
Khoi Hostel
Khoi Hostel
135 Reviews
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Hotel L' Odeon
Hotel L' Odeon
#5 of 490 hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Hotel Nikko Saigon
Hotel Nikko Saigon
#6 of 490 hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Silverland Yen Hotel
Silverland Yen Hotel
#7 of 490 hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Updated recs for Hotel in Dong Khoi Area around $50-70?

Hi Chelel,

You are looking for hotels in the range of usd50-70/room/night? But they are now about usd20-40/room/night more? If I understand you right, there are many choices at this amount or under:

- Elios (good post/comments) on Pham Ngu Lao

- An An (good comments on 2 star property) on De Tham

- Xuan Loc on Le Anh Xuan with around usd28/room/night. My clients want to stay here everytime he come to Vietnam.

The Dong Khoi area is better off for sure. A friend of mine from US used to book directly with the Spring hotel and he's very ok with it. He stay there for 1 week. The hotel is clean and fully occupied sometimes. You should check now.

Bong Sen 2 hotel is quite small and dark. But the price is a little bit high and good location.

The Chancery is also nice. My clients stay there and love it. It's on Cach Mang Thang Tam str. A little bit far from downtown but sure you can take a walk if you love to.

If you give me more details, I will help you choose one. Then you can check and book directly.

Cheers,/KoolJ

Mentioned in this post
Elios Hotel
Elios Hotel
1,062 Reviews
Khoi Hostel
Khoi Hostel
135 Reviews
Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Updated recs for Hotel in Dong Khoi Area around $50-70?

I think Bong sen hotel in Dong khoi( has great vietnamese buffet everyday ) and spring hotel in Le thanh Ton street , Indochine in Hai Ba trung street they are good and in great location right at the center and safe area.I live near them so I know them well.

good luck

Penang
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Updated recs for Hotel in Dong Khoi Area around $50-70?

Hi, Nhung

I think you are a good tour guide. Can you give me your email address or mobile fone ?

Thanks

Nottingham
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Updated recs for Hotel in Dong Khoi Area around $50-70?

Hi there,

I'm currently staying at the Elios hotel on Pham Ngu Lao, its a good basic hotel, clean, well organised, good rooms, central location and free internet, i paid around $40 for a standard room highly recommend it for the price, if you want to message me i'll send you the booking agent i used. good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Elios Hotel
Elios Hotel
1,062 Reviews
5. Re: Need Updated recs for Hotel in Dong Khoi Area around $50-70?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, September 28, 2009