We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Saigon

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Saigon

Hi first time in Saigon but on 2 days.What r the must see in Saigon for such a short stay?can anyone offer any tips?Thanks.

Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Saigon

If you've only got 2 days then you should see the War Remnants Museum, Binh Tay Market, Reunification Palace & Ben Thanh Market. Rest of the time for shopping, eating & drinking.

Re. your other query about weather, April is HOT!!!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Saigon

OMG!its hot!how hot is it?i hope its not too hot like 30 above.that will be too hot.Can u tellme roughly how hot it is in April.Also do i need a guilded city tour for the places u mentioned n i have heard something like the cyclos rider???Is it ok?Thanks again.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
771 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Saigon

Top of my list would be the Co Chi tunnels and the War Remnants museum. Sinh Cafe in Saigon include both in their very reasonably priced day tour.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Saigon

Ho can anyone tell me how hot the weather can be in April on the 9th.,Thanks.

Singapore
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Saigon

Bargain hard at Ben Thanh market. I was quoted USD60 for a painting. I did not bother to bargain as it was out of my budget. I finally got it at USD 18 from an area near my hotel.

My wife was quoted USD25 for a bag. I bargained it down to USD10 and the seller readily sold it to me.

There are some shops that have fixed pricing though.Buying from these shops are ok...

Da Nang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
161 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in Saigon

The weather report on TV says that HCMC has a high temperature of 35 at the moment, coming from winter into summer, but don't let that put you off! The heat adds to the experience. Smells are different, pace of life is slower. Just remember to look for bottled water, shade and air conditioning. Lots of locals stay indoors in the middle of day - good idea. Just take it easy and you'll be used to it in no time.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time in Saigon

35!!!wow thats too hot.30 is already hot enough.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
619 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time in Saigon

I can tell you how hot it will be in HCMC on April 9, but only if you can tell me what the temperature will be in Phuket at 9.35am on October 26...

Sydney
Level Contributor
10 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time in Saigon

Make sure you have a drink at the bar at the top of the Caravelle Hotel. It is a wonderful place to be at sunset and full of history. Foreign correspondents used to spend time there during the war and the view, despite tall buildings, remains spectacular.

You can overlook the square where scenes from The Quiet American were based around.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time in Saigon

Hi before sunset about 24celcius.Thanks n now can u tell me about HCMC.