We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cooking classes

Which Ho Chi Minh City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Herzlia, Israel
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cooking classes

I am a caterer and am very interested in doing some cooking lessons while in Viet Nam. I will only be around HCMC and up to Hoi An.

Any recomendations??

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,763 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cooking classes

shalom

in Hoi An we did the Redbridge cooking school, but this in not a serious cooking lesson.

I'm not sure about HCMC , but you could possible send an e-mail to

www.hiddenhanoi.com.vn/ even though they are in Hanoi,

they may be able to tell you of a more serious cooking school in hcmc and they reply promptly to e-mails.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cooking classes

Can you please give more detail about Redbridge cooking school, half day, full day cost etc. Approx anyway as have enough time to do this while in Hoi An..

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,763 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cooking classes

hi allie

meet at 8am at their great cafe in the town- out in their back courtyard where you start off with a free drink- coffee- water juice or whatever.

then, they take you for a walk through the market, which for some reason, was more fun than walking through on your own. They point out different stuff to you. One stallholder showed us some local cooking tools which lots of us bought. I've since tried to use mine at home but with no success hahahaha- luckily they cost a pittance so it's all in the name of fun.

then you walk down to the boat and a lovely boat ride up the river to their lovely restaurant and grounds and a bit of a walk around before you go in to start the class.

On the menu: Rice Paper Rolls (of course) and we got to make the rice paper wrappers- of course, the mixture is already made, we just got to steam them from the raw rice/water mixture.

eggplant hotpot, and a few other things.

Afterwards, you go into the restaurant and have lunch together.

The lunch was very nice but definitely wasn't only what we prepared for ourselves as it was quite a big lunch.

Cost is US$15 not including drinks. Their honey/tea is delicious.

it's a really nice relaxing and fun way to spend a few hours.

btw- we loved the Hai Scout Cafe and ate there very often over the six days we spent in Hoi An- their food is delicious.

Danang Vietnam
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cooking classes

Hi All,

Hope the following info fulfills your enquiry about cooking class:

Red Bridge Restaurant & Cooking School

Thon 4, Cam Thanh

Hoi An, Vietnam

Tel: 84 510 933222

Mobile: 091 3457029

Email: info@visithoian.com

www.visithoian.com

From 1 January 2007 to 31 December 2007, rates as follows:

•Seat-on-Coach Morning Cooking Tour - US$15 per pax

•Private Afternoon Cooking Tour

1 pax: US$80 per person

2 pax: US$40 per person

3 pax: US$26.66 per person

4 pax: US$20 per person

5 pax or more: US$16 per person

Happy traveling,

Ha

5. Re: Cooking classes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 09, 2009