We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HCMC Domestical Air Terminal

England, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
HCMC Domestical Air Terminal

Hello

If i arrive in the domestic terminal (from Da Nang) how does the taxi system work>? There is no clear advice online just that one company (Sasco) has the manopoly. Looking to go to District 1 is it meter / fixed fair?

Thanks

James

Mentioned in this post
Da Nang
Da Nang
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
10 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HCMC Domestical Air Terminal

https:/…Get_in

Buses, taxis, ...

If you are wary of being ripped off by a rogue taxi spotting your as first timers, you can prepay for a taxi in the terminal...

Whatever you do, don't let a taxi driver help himself to your cash.

England, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: HCMC Domestical Air Terminal

Thanks - it doesnt say thats availiable for domestic terminal only the international thats why i was asking

UK
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HCMC Domestical Air Terminal

I can't recall pre-paid taxis in domestic. But it's only a 3 minute walk to the international terminal...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7,740 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HCMC Domestical Air Terminal

I haven't taken a taxi from the domestic terminal for a long while, but I have seen a couple of YouTube videos (in Vietnamse).

They showed that as you exit the terminal, walk past the nearest 3 lanes or so (separated by some railings) and the taxi and bus lanes are next.

I'll post a video when I have the time.

Cheers,

John

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,367 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HCMC Domestical Air Terminal

The first sign of a crook will be when he tries to take your luggage and guide you to his taxi. They know they have a sucker when you let them.

Keep you wallet out of sight and only have the approximate cost of the taxi in your top pocket.

But to balance it out, the first time I landed in HCMC, I think it was a Vinasun taxi, the driver was the best mannered driver I have ever had. I just had some vague instructions on where to go, he got me there for the cost of the fare on the meter and drove the car efficiently and safely.

And last night, I had a chat with a female friend who starts work as a driver with Vinasun in 2 days. I just know she will be an asset to the taxi industry with her honesty and level of english. Her proud 6 year old daughter watches her mother having driving lessons on facebook over and over.

Edited: 4:38 pm, June 12, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Vinasun Taxi
Vinasun Taxi
1,092 Reviews
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Corowa, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HCMC Domestical Air Terminal

Walk out the terminal and cross three roads. You will see a covered walkway with railing in place in front of taxi line. Use Vinasun taxi from this line. The fare to district one is approx 150 - 200,000 dong, depending on traffic. Do not accepted any other taxi or offer until you reach this line.

Safe and easy.

Mentioned in this post
Vinasun Taxi
Vinasun Taxi
1,092 Reviews
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7,740 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HCMC Domestical Air Terminal

Here's the link to the video clip (you can skim through or play at 2x - speed if you want to).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xZWVmeNYhE

The car enters the airport area on the side of the parking garage (which is located directly across the domestic terminal.) The garage also houses some concession stands like McDonald's, Starbucks, and even o Phở place.

Take a quick look at this satellite map:

https://goo.gl/maps/iXXMj8GyBt32

The above-mentioned car follows the road, along the ATM toward the Highlands Coffee kiosk.

A short while after you can see the air-traffic-controller tower, the car makes a left turn to arrive at the domestic terminal.

(The international terminal is on the other side of the ATC tower; it's just a short walk between the two terminals.)

You can see the three drive-through lanes plus the drop-off lane right in front of the domestic terminal separated from the pick-up/taxi/bus lanes by some railings.

There's a pedestrian crossing that you can see from the video.

You can use that crossing to get to the taxi lanes.

Use either the green Mai Linh taxi or the white Vinasun taxi. They are all metered.

The car then makes the round, but instead of exiting the airport, it drives through the parking garage and comes back out to the same side road, passing the ATC tower and heads toward the domestic terminal again.

This time, the driver coast right next to the railings. You can see the median where people wait for buses, etc.

(Note: The yellow buses no. 49 or 109 and the green bus no. 152 can also be used to go to city centre in Dist. 1. If you decide to use the bus, head toward the red booth that has the sign "Xe Buyt - Bus Station" to purchase ticket.)

As the car gets near the toll booth to pay the exit fee, you can see a white Vinasun taxi right in front of it.

On the far left, I can see a green Mai Linh taxi as well.

If you roll back the video to the first pass, you can actually see some white Vinasun and green Mai Linh taxis dropping passengers off (along the drop off lane) as well as the yellow bus (in the bus lane).

That's should be easy enough now.

Cheers,

John

Mentioned in this post
Highlands Coffee
Highlands Coffee
329 Reviews
Vinasun Taxi
Vinasun Taxi
1,092 Reviews
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,678 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HCMC Domestical Air Terminal

If you just have a backpack I would take the express bus #109

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,936 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HCMC Domestical Air Terminal

I second the Bus. If you only have light luggage I would walk ( 5 mins) to the International Terminal where you will see the Coaches, No 49 and 109, lined up next to the ticket booth. You can wait at the Domestic but it is clearer at the International. The Coach takes 5 minutes longer and is the simplest way out of the taxi scam problems that exist at TSN Airport. Just tell the Ticket seller where you want to go and she will pass that onto the driver. If you already have a hotel booked write down its name and address.

Cheers Ross

Edited: 4:41 am, June 13, 2018
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7,740 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HCMC Domestical Air Terminal

All buses enter the airport via the International Terminal then proceeds to the Domestic Terminal before exiting the airport.

The airport doesn't have enough land for any other direction of traffic flow.

Walking back to the Intl' Terminal only add to the travel time.

Cheers,

John

Reply to: HCMC Domestical Air Terminal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted