We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mekong River Cruise on the Bassac II January 2018

Forster
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Mekong River Cruise on the Bassac II January 2018

A few months back, my wife and I while sitting in a hotel in Hoi An, decided to venture into a cruise on the Mekong when we made our way to HCMC. So I started hunting for a cruise. I Googled and YouTubed and it soon became mind boggling.

Read tons of stuff here on tripadvisor and from posts, we where leaning with the 3 day cruise on the Bassac II, which starts in Cai Be, meanders to Can Tho and then returns. But first, I scoured YouTube for Mekong Delta cruises for videos. There didn't seem to be a whole lot.

Long story short, we made our own video. We really enjoyed out trip on the Bassac II and here is our trip; (although its more a video for my channel, you don't have to subscribe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnrsEprmZBM

4 replies to this topic
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
718 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Mekong River Cruise on the Bassac II January 2018

I am a solo traveller and interested in doing this activity.

Can you tell me the website that you booked this with so I can contact and see if I am able to book solo

Forster
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
2. Re: Mekong River Cruise on the Bassac II January 2018

No worries, I can't remember exactly what web site we used but the one below is the one or will get you pointed in the right direction. Good luck.

transmekong.com/Bassac/en_1_overnight_cruises

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
119 reviews
3. Re: Mekong River Cruise on the Bassac II January 2018

Great video - really enjoyed it and looks like a wonderful cruise. We have done a tiny bit of the Mekong - 2 day slow boat to get to Luang Prabang in Laos - and this looks right up our alley.

4. Re: Mekong River Cruise on the Bassac II January 2018

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:29 am, May 11, 2018

Reply to: Mekong River Cruise on the Bassac II January 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted