We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sinh Cafe Tours

Seoul
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Sinh Cafe Tours

I'm interested in taking a few daily tours with them.

Does anyone know if they take reservations, what are their opening hours, if their buses are air-conditioned, etc.?

Is it first come first serve?

Also, any comments on their 1 day Cai Be tours and their 1 day Cu Chi and Cao Dai Temple tours?

Thanks a bunch!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sinh Cafe Tours

First of all be sure you are dealing with the real Sinh Cafe. There are many other organizations using the Sinh Cafe name and selling the services of the real one but at a significant markup. The web address of Sinh Cafe is www.sincafevn.com. We purchased our tours a day or two ahead and have never had any problems. The busses are usually of recent vintage and they are air conditioned. Seating is first come first serve but the attendants make sure families and couples get seated together. Perhaps another poster can help you with information on one day tours.

florida & QC
Level Contributor
757 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sinh Cafe Tours

They open until late, 9pm. Excellent AC bus. Tour guide speaks very good English. Yes, they take reservation or walk-in the same day.

I bought the tickets the night before at 9pm. I highly recommend taking day tours with them. There are several tour companies on the same street offer about 1-2US lower. SinhCafe is reliable, they have backup drivers and backup bus in case of mechanical or technical problems.

www.sinhcafevn.com

Palm Cove, Australia
Level Contributor
632 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sinh Cafe Tours

Hi book or anyone,

I was thinking on my first afternoon to go to the tourist centre & pick up a map, then sinh café to book the 1/2day tunnels tour ( for day 6 ).

My thoughts for 2 day were to go walking in the morning to museum p.o. etc. (I know they closed 1130 – 230). Using my new map & lands report.

I know you used a bike but, is it practical to walk to sites? If not or it gets to hot, I am presuming it not hard to find a bike or cylco. What do I except to pay ? I just wanted a rough idea to use as a guideline so I not come across as a dumb tourist ( but I probably will anyway ).

Have I got this correct ?

Thanks

florida & QC
Level Contributor
757 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sinh Cafe Tours

which hotel do you stay?

War Remmant Museum on Tran Quoc Thao and Vo van Tan, one block from Reunification Palace. You can walk to Reunification, so one more block is easy.

Historical museum, next to Botanical garden, on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai and Nguyen binh khiem, 8 blocks from Reunification. I can walk for 5 miles under 18C. It's very hot mid day. I walked to Reunification + Tao Dan park many times early in the morning and after 6pm. I did not like the museums.

Taxi around 15000VND one-way.

Palm Cove, Australia
Level Contributor
632 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sinh Cafe Tours

Terribly sorry seoul seoul Just realised, thought it was similar questions. Start my own topic

:0)

Palm Cove, Australia
Level Contributor
632 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sinh Cafe Tours

Thank you book28, I am getting my posts mixed up.

Will keep your info.

Staying at the Continental, which I feel is central.

BMT, Central...
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sinh Cafe Tours

IMHO Cu Chi is an operated testorone thing for males who want to play with guns and things. Today's tunnels are hardly remniscent of the real thing - they have been modified to accommodate ong Tay (Foreigners) who are about double the size of a Viet Cong.

Also, I suggest AVOIDING cyclo's as they can be unsafe (snatch thieves) and are now (thankfully) banned from many tourist parts of HCMC which forces them to take circuitous routes.

Vina taxi has a low starting rate and they are honest.

The Cao Dai temple is a must - think about Sam Mountain, too, if you have time.

Sinh has back-up vehicles and drivers, but their quality can be iffy. Time keeping, for whatever reason is often lousy. Many bus operators cover all popular locations.

Seoul
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sinh Cafe Tours

Thanks selling-nothing. I really appreciate your comments. Huge help!

One more thing, you said they're not too good about keeping time...departure and arrival times differ from what they promise?

EX) departure 8am return 7pm?

I'm also staying at the Duxton? Should I have them pick me up?

Thanks again.

BMT, Central...
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sinh Cafe Tours

You're staying at the Duxton?

Why are you slumming it with Sinh? If you can afford to shack up in the former Prince Hotel you must be able to afford to hire a driver.

Or take an up market tour / guide.

Sinh (and operators) can be delayed by waiting for passengers - I say if they are late, they can miss the bus - but I have found that Sinh (2 full day observations) usually leave late and the delays can be up to 42 minutes. These are UNACCEPTABLE as this is the originating point NOT a waypoint. If they start late, they arrive later.

As for the museums, although somewhat basic, I diud find the HCMC Museum interesting in as much as it contains relics from the 1600's way before the city was even dreamt of! Presentation is poor but well worth the few VND demanded. Near the Reunification Palace - listen carefully to the Ha Noi party line (and try not to laugh).

The War Remnants Museum is as pertinent today (Iraq) as it was when the American War was in progress being a reminder as to how short peoples memories are. Not very gory.

10. Re: Sinh Cafe Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:33 am, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ho Chi Minh City