We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoa Binh Hotel in Hanoi

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria. Australia
Level Contributor
184 posts
Save Topic
Hoa Binh Hotel in Hanoi

Has anybody stayed at this hotel lately.

Back in August there were a lot of posting suggesting the price for a room was about $35-$39. Prices are 2 to 3 times dearer now.

Is it close to restaurants without walking too far? Are the rooms OK

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoa Binh Hotel in Hanoi

Hi Bool,

For the exact location of the Hoa Binh hotel go to ---

www.hotels-in vietnam.com----click on hanoi, Hoa Bin hotel, click on map ----gives you everything you want to know!----Never stayed there but well located!

Try Pacific at 30 Cua Nam street---www.pacifichotels.com.vn---This will show 3 hotels they run --The Pacific, Pacific Star, Pacific Prince ---gives all the details---a new one opens in a couple of weeks.

Send email to Ms Bui Hana at ---cathaic.hn.vnn.vn---this is direct to Pacific!---been looking after me for years ---its Sunday ---she has day off today ---give her until tomorrow to respond!

The Hoa Binh at the price you infer is too high ( 80USD)

thoughts

plover

p.s----Book rooms 201---601, these are huge rooms , well run , private computer in room free, balcony, 2 queen sized beds.---Cannot quote their rate at this time ---but the rate they give me for loyalty is very acceptable.

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoa Binh Hotel in Hanoi

Bool,

Email wrong --a typo---

cathaic@hn.vnn.vn

plover

Pacific is about 800 metres from lake ---quiet---Hoa Binh bit closer ---you can walk to everything from both!

Victoria. Australia
Level Contributor
184 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoa Binh Hotel in Hanoi

Thanks Plover.

I have already emailed Pacific.

Even asked for room 401!! - would be happy with any really. Price $50 and $10 pickup.

HoaB was actually $80 and $95 and $25 pickup. (Quote just arrived now).

My problem is that husband is just getting over major leg operation, and whiule he can walk OK, just cant walk for a long time. Consequently I want a nice hotel we can sit around in if we have too, and to get to restaurants. and we will use a taxi for anything else. (or a driver on tour). I thought I had accom. at Zephyr with TAgent which hasnt happened, I am not looking for cheap accom (dont want to pay 5 star prices either) just pleasant and reasonable .

I was going to email the HoaB back and ask (which I dont normally do - not a good bargainer!!) because in the Reviews on TA they had delux efor $60 and $78 which seems a big difference (January 07).

I see there is a Hoa Binh Hotel and aHB Palace. I am presuming it is the same place.

Its the walking and lift that I am checking out.

I'm really grateful for your opinion here.

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoa Binh Hotel in Hanoi

bool,

First the Pacific---there is a taxi rank outside ----Max 30,000VND to lake and all the action ---this should help with your H leg! ---only this dear because of one way streets. Same price for taxi if you are at Army or Hilton Opera house!

$50USD is good price at Pacific now and for that room!---$10USD correct for taxi ---and I bet a few dollars they will collect OK!---never let me down---room is a good one! ---Has a good lift ---no climbing stairs! I have recommended this hotel to many Australian friends who got quite a surprise at how pleasant this hotel is!

I will leave the Hoa Binh to you!

If you decide on Pacific, your H will need a taxi but Hoan Kiem lake is a quite beautiful area with plenty of shaded seating around it----You H can rest his leg and watch the world go by!---A little bit of walking is required wherever you go!

Good Luck

plover

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,771 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoa Binh Hotel in Hanoi

we have close friends who just came back from VN and stayed at Hoa Binh - they highly recommended it- absolutely loved it. (all except the restaurant which they regretted wasting their time in)

I am a bit surprised at the price-hike- why would that have happened do you think Plover?

In fact, we were going to stay there on our next trip, but I'm now thinking we will stay at the Pacific- where is the new one you mentioned situated?

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hoa Binh Hotel in Hanoi

Maz,

I have no idea why the price hike has occurred at the Hoa Binh ----unless TET period !---most unusual ---I have a name, but no address for the 4th Pacific!

The staff there said they would show it to me!---let you know if I find out anything!---It has not been added to their website!

plover

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,771 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hoa Binh Hotel in Hanoi

will look forward to it - thanks

8. Re: Hoa Binh Hotel in Hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 17, 2009