We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Power Sockets

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aust
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Power Sockets

Hi,

I'm trying to find out what kind of power sockets most of the hotels in Vietnam are called. We are travelling from Australia and just wondering if I will need to take a converter.

Thanks,

Ash

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Power Sockets

Round pins -220v is the dominant type. A few places also still have the flat pins.

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Power Sockets

Ashley,

Whilst the voltage is the same, you will need an adaptor ---these are readily bought at Myer, good travelgoods stores, " Richard " Smith ( his shortened christian name is a profanity and I will be thown off Forum)---as Bonk said in previous post they are generally 2 point and round----but, can be 2 point and flat--or buy a multiple international adaptor that fits most of the world---cost of former are about $12 AUD, the multi about $30AUD.

If you are staying on the normal route , the round should suffice----I once stayed in the wilds somewhere in a minus 5* hotel that had "Four" different style of outlets in one room!

Good hotels will help out and provide in some cases.

Hope some help

plover

3. Re: Power Sockets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, August 23, 2009