We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heart Hotel in Hanoi

Calgary
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Heart Hotel in Hanoi

We checked in this morning. So far I have been far from pleased with this hotel, which is a shame as I was looking forward to staying in it.

First the good, the location and it is quite clean.

Now the bad. If you are using their website as a reference for the quality of experience - don't. The site doesn't represent the experience truly, in reality the hotel isn't nearly as nice as the website portrays. Next, we are in room 301 which the hotel staff describe as "Deluxe City View", the reality is we are only a couple of floors above a semi-busy narrow street and if I spit really hard I could hit the "City View???" across the street which happens to be an apartment requiring me to be at least another five floors higher to get a "City View". Next, and I haven't seen this described anywhere else and that's why I am taking the time to list it here - the disco...

At shortly after 5:00PM I was sitting at the small desk in our room watching a trail of ants crawl across the top of my laptop as I typed away, when suddenly the desk started vibrating to the techno music erupting from the disco next door (something I hadn't noticed on the way in to the hotel but in a flash of brilliance I realised must be the case - uuugh). Honestly the music was so loud that I could lightly rest my hand on my pant leg and feel my pant leg moving. I went downstairs to talk to the girl at the front desk to find out if it went all night and her previously good grasp of English instantly and mysteriously dissapeared. I went up to my room with no further understanding of when it would end, pretty frustrated. Luckily it ended 15mins later. Of course the story doesn't end there, I get to type this post up while listening to the latest techno beat from Europe - still going strong at 10:30PM.

No point in talking to the staff about it, they can't do a thing. But given this new understanding I would never recommend this location to my friends. Speaking of staff, this is the first hotel we have been in (in just over a month) where they simply wear street clothes, smoke behind the front desk while talking to you and act with an air of indifference. Ok, so no identifiying uniform, badge or what have you, I can live with that I guess but when we got back from dinner (Kangaroo Cafe, a great little spot) I wasn't sure if the new evening staff were guests or disco overflow as one fellow I didn't recognise asked if I had a key to a room. Huh? "And you are...?" is what ran through my head.

Well, I could continue but the song blasting right now has a strong bass beat and I am feeling it through the keyboard everytime it hits. Annoying. So I will end here.

In case I haven't been clear enough, ehhhrrrmmmmm, book elsewhere.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,818 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Heart Hotel in Hanoi

Onemore- a HUGE thank you for the link- I have spent hours reading and looking at all the photos and cannot tell you how much I am enjoying it

Calgary
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Heart Hotel in Hanoi

;-)

Calgary
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Heart Hotel in Hanoi

Beachbumsb, we went to Chim Sao this evening and it was good. Unfortunately they were out of Tofu and also out of the Pumpkin buds. We had Fish in Caramel, Morning Glory w/ Garlic, Grilled Buffalo w/ dipping sauce, Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs and lots of Sticky Rice. For both of us the hit was the Pork! We got the table at the bottom of the stairs (the one you sit on). A large local group came down the stairs and it looked like they had drank a bit too much rice wine, while they were all putting on their shoes (next to our table/seating/eating area the group talked to us for at least five minutes and got photos with the boys etc. We must have looked quite at home cross-legged and barefoot, shovelling the rice back because when nearly all of them left two stayed behind and in broken English asked us politely if we were the owners of the restaurant...

Two answers flashed through my head, "Yes, how was the meal?" and "No - have a good night". I chose the second one, and when they were gone we both had a good laugh.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Heart Hotel in Hanoi

OneMoreShot - good review!

I stayed at Heart Hotel a couple of weeks ago.. I was lucky enough to get a back room on the 3rd floor.

Though the music wasn't a problem for us, the mattress was like rock. I would wake up with serious pain in the lower section of my back, which proved to cause me problems for the weeks that followed.

But credit to the hotel, the room itself had a very homely cosy feel to it which i really liked - as opposed to the stock-standard all-the-same rooms of the larger establishments.

I found the staff to be very friendly - but the breakfasts were appalling! The pancakes weren't pancakeS - they were 1 pancake that had the texture of oily cheese cake (without the flavour). But their coffeez had me bouncing off the walls.

Location = excellent

bed = hard

staff = friendly

front rooms = party all night

back rooms = quiet

toilet/bathroom = clean

25. Re: Heart Hotel in Hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, August 23, 2009