We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any authentic hotels recommended in Hanoi?

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Any authentic hotels recommended in Hanoi?

I do not mind paying Hilton prices but I was hoping for something more authentic, not a high rise, but still comfortable. I guess I am thinking along the lines of a upscale boutique hotel or bed and breakfast. Any suggestions for Hanoi?

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any authentic hotels recommended in Hanoi?

We stayed at the Zephyr Hotel, opposite the Lake, its typical Vietnames and we would recommend it. Its quite small but not too small. Apparently its the best authentic Vietnamese hotel in Hanoi??? We loved it, we were there for 3 nights.

Have a great trip, we are!!

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any authentic hotels recommended in Hanoi?

The Metropole -- now the Sofitel Metropole -- is one of the most renowned hotels in Sourth-east Asia, right up there in history with the Raffles. Ask for a room in the old (original) wing. You are just around the corner from the Opera House, and there are a couple of great restaurants nearby.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any authentic hotels recommended in Hanoi?

Hi Cossachka,

Beside Zephyr hotel near by Hoan Kiem lake, you can make reservation at Church hotel or Majestic Salute hotel if Zephyr hotel is fully booked. The Church hotel quite small with 16 rooms but near by the Church and good service. Majestic Salute hotel- 3* location in center of Hanoi Old Quarter, French conoly house. Those hotels are cheaper price to compare with Zephyr. You also can have the other choice with De Syloir hotel, this hotel very authentic, international facilities and services.

4. Re: Any authentic hotels recommended in Hanoi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, August 21, 2009