We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viet anh hotel hanoi

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
malaysia
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Viet anh hotel hanoi

Need feedback on viet anh hotel in hanoi ,is this hotel clean and rooms in good condition.Planning to stay there in Dec 2006 .

City view room for Usd 35 per nite .

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viet anh hotel hanoi

Des,

I am also planning a trip this Dec 06 and tried to book to Vietanh hotel.

Sad to say there was no response even after 2 emails.

I read somewhere in the forums that apparently service was bad and there was no confirmation of rooms when the travellers arrived.

So I have avoided booking this hotel even though their website is very impressive. Just to share with you.

Happy hunting!

Atherton, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viet anh hotel hanoi

While my reply wont help the original posters, I can advise future travellers the following.

While the Viet Anh are very lax in getting back to you via email, once you actually get there the service is very friendly and very good.

The staff seem to take an actual interest in their customers and are always very friendly.

The rooms are very clean and the food is alright, cant say better than that. Their coffee however is atrocious.

Just a tip for the first time travellers to Hanoi, dont be fooled by offers of a room with a veranda. The traffic noise regularly wakes the dead.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Viet anh hotel hanoi

The hotel is a bit over charged for their sub-standard rooms. I am not quite sure if they deserve two stars. They will try to sell you a tour and if they refuse, they can tell you "we are full".

Ha noi
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Viet anh hotel hanoi

Hi Des,

Yes, I agree with motorbikevietnam.he/she dis talk to you the truth!

Should stay in Golden Sun Hotel or Hanoi elegent 2 Hotel. They are both goos services and having much posts about that.

Hope this helps,

VTI tours

malaysia
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Viet anh hotel hanoi

I have stay in viet anh and have all by tour organised by them. They are professional and the rooms are clean....no complaint ..value for money.

The real xperience of staying in this hotel for a few nights ...qualified for me to speak highly of them

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Viet anh hotel hanoi

I stayed there in April-May 2007 and had a very good experience. They were remodeling some of the rooms and mine was noisy. They moved me to an upgraded room at no extra charge. I also booked some transportation and an excursion to Sapa. Everything went great and they were very helpful. The place is a good value, with a friendly staff. The breakfast is only ok, but i liked the coffee.

7. Re: Viet anh hotel hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:48 pm, December 12, 2007
8. Re: Viet anh hotel hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:06 am, December 13, 2007
malaysia
Level Contributor
42 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Viet anh hotel hanoi

I stayed there last year,the room was ok and the breakfast also good. However the noise is unbearable, honking of motrbike may only stop after 1 or 2 am, start again at about 4 or 5 am.

If you stay there, do yourself a favor dont book any tour with them, there are many established travel agents in the vicinity opened till 8 pm (some even till 10pm.)

I booked a day trip with them, I was overcharged and they are just agent to some under the staircase small travel company. The mini-bus was not so good( a bit old and small). Our guide was a newbie who could not speak proper English and very soft spoken, gave us very limited info. I have seen tour guide of other travel companies, who could speak clear and good English, giving detailed intro and history of the place.

If you want to book any tour, you could surf the website of most established travel agents and email to them for any tour booking.

malaysia
Level Contributor
42 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Viet anh hotel hanoi

I stayed there last year,the room was ok and the breakfast also good. However the noise is unbearable, honking of motrbike may only stop after 1 or 2 am, start again at about 4 or 5 am.

If you stay there, do yourself a favor dont book any tour with them, there are many established travel agents in the vicinity opened till 8 pm (some even till 10pm.)

I booked a day trip with them, I was overcharged and they are just agent to some under the staircase small travel company. The mini-bus was not so good( a bit old and small). Our guide was a newbie who could not speak proper English and very soft spoken, gave us very limited info. I have seen tour guide of other travel companies, who could speak clear and good English, giving detailed intro and history of the place.

If you want to book any tour, you could surf the website of most established travel agents and email to them for any tour booking.