We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear?

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What to wear?

I am leaving for Viet Nam in the next week and was wondering if someone could tell me, if it is appropriate for females to wear sleeveless shirts?

BMT, Central...
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear?

Is that Brampton, Ontario?

The Vietnamese are somewhat conservative BUT they make allowances for ong Tay (Foreigners).

However, they do appreciate NOT seeing tank tops ( or bare bellies) anywhere than the beach.

Colettes are acceptable most everywhere.

When visiting religious buildings (mosques, pagodas, churches) remember conservative - including the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum (actually especially).

Before you leave, pop over to CanTire and get a can or two of Deep Woods DEET spray and don't forget that sun tan lotion and femine napkins are hard to find here. You'll need a hat, too.

I assume you have your VN visa - needed to gain access (if not Bangkok or Cambodia are great places to get one).

Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear?

Thank you for the information. It was helpful.

Vitoria, ES
Level Contributor
11 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear?

> Before you leave, pop over to CanTire and get a can or two of Deep Woods DEET spray

Wow, that was a timely tip. I had rather assumed it would be on sale everywhere and far cheaper than then in europe.

ZB

Vitoria, ES
Level Contributor
11 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear?

> Before you leave, pop over to CanTire and get a can or two of Deep Woods DEET spray

Wow, that was a timely tip. I had rather assumed it would be on sale everywhere and far cheaper than then in europe.

ZB

Vitoria, ES
Level Contributor
11 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear?

ZB

6. Re: What to wear?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, August 23, 2009