We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4D3N in hanoi, need advise!

Malaysia
12 posts
Save Topic
4D3N in hanoi, need advise!

I'm travelling to Hanoi (ther are 4 of us) next month. We only have 4 days and would like to squeeze a trip into Halong Bay (how to get there and how much will cost, will it be good to join a day tour with local agency? any advice).

1. Re: 4D3N in hanoi, need advise!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:47 am, March 16, 2007
Malaysia
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4D3N in hanoi, need advise!

HI

Thank you so much for the respon, 2 more Q, how's the wheather during Oct? any recommend where to eat?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,828 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4D3N in hanoi, need advise!

Indochine,

Quan An Ngon

Koto

three great restaurants

plymouth
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4D3N in hanoi, need advise!

Hi

I have just returned from Vietnam, like selling-nothing I would definately recommend Tropicalsails. We paid 120 USD each for 2 days, 1 night aboard the Lagoon Explorer, the food was excellent, fresh seafood etc. but they will cater for other food if you require and just let them know when booking. There are two Lagoon Explorer Chinese Junks and each has only 4 cabins each, so there is only a maximum of 8 people on board excluding crew. They couldn't do enough for us as the staff were very friendly, the boat clean and comfortable and we had a very enjoyable stay. We went kayaking through caves into lagoons, dived off the boat into the warm waters for a swim, and it was left up to the eight of us to tell the crew whether we wanted to kayak or be dropped off at a beach for sunbathing/swimming. Halong Bay is absolutely beautiful and as it was a hectic 2.5 weeks of travelling from South to North Vietnam, I wish we had booked 2 nights on board to wind down. On the 2nd day we visited caves and then went swimming off the boat again. They picked us up and returned us to our hotel. They also do another boat Dragons Pearl, this has 16 cabins. We saw other Junks at the bay, some equally as nice (only bigger), and some not so nice, but we wanted a boat that we had the space to relax (without fighting to get a sunbed) and a more intimate atmosphere.

I e.mailed them and provisionally booked it 2 weeks before we left the UK, and we had the master room, and paid on arrival at their office in Hanoi, but others on the junk booked the day before the trip, but couldn't get the actual day they wanted. Chance you take!

Hanoi
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 4D3N in hanoi, need advise!

Hi,

It is easy to catch a bus to Ha Long with 4 USD from Hanoi.

If you need a help, please drop me a line at soyoung1269@yahoo.com , I am in Hanoi now and will help you to explore Hanoi.

6. Re: 4D3N in hanoi, need advise!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 19, 2009