We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water puppet in Hanoi

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
3 posts
Save Topic
Water puppet in Hanoi

Hello. I and my husband will arrive to Hanoi next week and stay there for 3 days at New Star hotel. I'm interested in Water Puppet show. Do you know what's time does it show? Where to buy the tickets? Thank you.

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water puppet in Hanoi

All the info you seek is on the theatre's website: www.thanglongwaterpuppet.org/?/en/Home/

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water puppet in Hanoi

Hi, if you don't manage to et tickets or don' have time there's also the free water puppet show at the Vietnam Museum of Ethnology which hopefully you're planning to visit anyway.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
212 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water puppet in Hanoi

Hi. Ms Christine M.

The water pupper show was taken many time per day. Particularly, 13h45 - 15h00 - 16h10 - 17h20 - 18h30 - 20h00 - 21h15. On Sunday morning: 9:30 AM.

The price is just from $3 to $5 depending on your seat.

Hope you enjoy Vietnam culture.

Bangkok, Thailand
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Water puppet in Hanoi

I appreciate your advises. Do I need to book the tickets in advance? Thank you.

manila
Level Contributor
57 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water puppet in Hanoi

we bought tickets an hour before the show and it filled up quickly due to bus loads of tourist and it was a weekday and not a holiday. it was a 3pm show. i dont know if that is also the case for a show schedule at night. what you can do is buy a ticket an hour or so before your preferred schedule then explore the area (like Hoan Kiem Lake which is just in front of the theatre) then go back to the theatre when its near showtime.

Freetown, Sierra...
Level Contributor
57 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water puppet in Hanoi

Would not 100% count on getting the ticket an hour before the show, when I ased they had sold out for the day, but you could still buy for the next day.

7. Re: Water puppet in Hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, January 21, 2014
Edited: 4:05 am, January 21, 2014
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
542 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water puppet in Hanoi

I think you need a help from the staff for the tickets because it is frequently sold out. Just tell them which is the best time for you to enjoy the show, pay when you get the tickets at your hotel. Probably, they do not get commission from you about Water Puppet ticket.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Water puppet in Hanoi

Purchased the $5 ticket 15mins beforehand from the hotel conceirge at Sofitel and we had 3 front row tickets for us although it was quite full. Thanks Sofitel, you're the best abnd we really enjoyed the shows. Don't miss out.

Newcastle Australia
Level Contributor
192 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Water puppet in Hanoi

We went to the theatre expecting to get tickets there and then but was booked out, we ended up getting tickets for the following evening. Been twice now HCMC anf hanoi i just love it.