We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostel Choices

London
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hostel Choices

Hi All

Can anyone recommend a hostel close to the city attractions? Looking for something clean and comfortable and are willing to stretch the budget as necessary for my wife and I. We are in Hanoi for 3 nights at the beginning of March.

Thanks

S

Newquay, England...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostel Choices

We are currently staying in hanoi at the b&b hanoi hostel... Cheap, clean, hot showers, free wifi and very friendly and helpful staff! Right in the heart of the old district 2 minute walk from the water puppet theatre and pretty close to everything else too!!

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,733 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hostel Choices

When you say 'stretch the budget', what would that be at full stretch?

There are loads of really nice 3* hotels in Hanoi's Old Quarter where rooms with en suite bathrooms and aircon cost a fraction of their counterparts in the UK (in the region of £15-27, including breakfast), so no need to stay at a hostel unless that's really what you want.

London
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hostel Choices

Hi

Thanks for your advice, ideally a nice 3* hotel will be fine, any suggestions?

Thanks

S

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hostel Choices

Creaking Bones has it right, there are many 2 and 3 star hotels in that price range, and in the right area too, suggest that you get onto Trip Advisor opinions for better advice. I've stayed in several of these and haven't had a bad one yet. Back again in March too, staying at the Heart hotel this time for the first time. I'm sure you and your wife will enjoy Hanoi, be prepared to walk though.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,733 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hostel Choices

Sandeep, click on the hotels tab on the green bar at the top of the page and you will find reviews of many hotels in your price range. Draw up a short-list of ones that appeal and have a look at their websites. I prefer to book direct rather than through an online agent as I'm not keen on paying anything upfront just in case the hotel doesn't live up to expectations and I want to change to another. Actually that has never happened, but it might one day!

It's also a good idea to have a look at the reviews on Agoda as not all the ones on Trip Advisor are authentic.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hostel Choices

Agreed-- Hanoi is not the place to bother with a hostel unless you're looking to meet other travelers. Check TA reviews, but I've had great experiences at any of the Golden Sun or Hanoi Elegance hotels and they are an incredible value.

7. Re: Hostel Choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, January 25, 2014
8. Re: Hostel Choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 27, 2015