We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi-end home shopping

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Hi-end home shopping

Hi Im looking for recommendations for shops selling hi-end and modern ceramics, tableware and home decor items - if anyone has any tips? Thanks a million :)

Tired City
Gift & Specialty Shops
Collective Memory
Gift & Specialty Shops
Bat Trang Ceramic Village
Factory Tours, Gift & Specialty Shops
Night Market
Flea & Street Markets
Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,753 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi-end home shopping

You could try Trang Tien Plaza near the southern end of Hoan Kiem Lake, although most of the goods there are foreign imports. Alternatively you could browse the small shops in the streets near St Joseph's Cathedral. For example there's a nice ceramics shop on Ly Quoc Su and various attractive items in some shops on Nha Tho.

Although not exactly high end, for good quality items at fair prices I always shop at Son Son in Hang Be. While they might not stock what you have in mind they're great for silk, cashmere and pashmina scarves and other items for gifts or your own consumption, including ceramics and home decor bits and bobs.

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi-end home shopping

For home decor there are two main high end shops to visit- Mosiac Decoration on Ly Quoc Su (when you are facing St Joseph's cathedral the street to the right) and Dome, located on Xuan Dieu in West Lake. Another one I really like is Maroon at 156 Hang Bong in Hoan Kiem. La Casa in the Syrena building on Xuan Dieu in West Lake is also very nice as is Module 7 Design also in West Lake at 83 Xuan Dieu.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
5,245 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi-end home shopping

A great shop is Metiseko on hang gian or the silk street I think. If you google them they may have a website. They have nice linen and cushions etc.

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hi-end home shopping

Thanks everyone for your help!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,818 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hi-end home shopping

Dome is my favourite

6. Re: Hi-end home shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 29, 2014