We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi company

Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi company

Which is the best and safest taxi company to use from the airport to Hanoi city who will not rip you off any suggestions?

Hanoi Vietnam
Level Contributor
963 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi company

Now days there is a very orderly system outside the airport.

The company that runs it is Noi Bai Taxi (some cars will say Airport Taxi but its the same).

It is a flat $10 to anywhere you want to go in the centre(1 place only) for one car taking up to 3 people or 4 with littlie luggage.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi company

I would agree about using Airport Taxis they are very honest .On leaving Hanoi last month I had a moment of madness and left a back pack in the cab on the way to the airport (cash ,mp3 player ,but most importantly camera with all the memories of a great trip)Frantically tried to phone the company and then realised how stranded you can become when your knowledge of the local language stretches no further than " hello","two beers,please"and"thank you". In final desperation flagged down another cab and somehow managed to convey my predicament, the driver called the office and returned with the pack(contents in tact )within twenty minutes.Bet that was the best tip that driver earned that month!!

A contrasting experience was getting fleeced by an unlicensed cab when leaving the railway station bleary eyed off the overnight train fom Sapa.The meter span faster than a Tibetan prayer wheel-bailed out of that one asap!

The moral- there's good and bad everywhere but best to stick to reputable operators!

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi company

Why not to use the pick up service from your hotel? That' s verry easy and confort for you. U should ask them for this service, they will be happy to do it at 10$ rate ( car 4 sits).