We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Map of Hanoi

HongKong
Level Contributor
82 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Map of Hanoi

I love maps and always will try to pick up one free on arrival at the airport. Singapore has fabulous BIG map given to visitors free at the Changi Airport, the publisher can afford that because it comes with a lot of paid adverts by hotels, travel agents and the like, which makes it even more desirable. My question is does Hanoi has a map like that? Of course I can buy one by Periplus(?) just that it doesn't have all the ads, besides over the years their prices of their maps had gone thru the roof.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Map of Hanoi

Sure we have maps for Vietnam and specific maps for each tourism city. You can buy it in some street-side shops with a very low price. or you can get one free at the hotel where you are staying. Ask the receptionist for one if you don't see it around. If you travel with an agency, you will be always offered one for free.

Vietravel

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Map of Hanoi

I haven't seen maps available at the airport in Hanoi, but I haven't really looked either. You can pick up a free map at the tourist office right across from Hoan Kiem Lake.

If you are going to buy a map I highly recommend Xin Chao Hanoi created by two Hanoi expats. It covers all districts in Hanoi and does a very nice job of highlighting popular (as voted by expats not paid for my the company) dining, shopping, and other destinations.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Map of Hanoi

Hello! Mostly of hotels in Old Quarter supply free maps when you stay with them. It is map of Old Quarter (small). If you want to get bigger and detail, you need to buy at the post office. It is cheap.

Have good day

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Map of Hanoi

An excellent map is available from ITM (Canada), costs around $10, look at amazon.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Map of Hanoi

I second Tecalli recommendation of picking up a copy of Xin Chao Hanoi. It is distributed by a Thai firm (Nancy Chandler) and was prepared by a couple of xpats. www.nancychandler.net/product.asp?pId=1105The current version is the 1st edition and it does need some work to improve it however, it sure was a great aid for my trip that just ended yesterday. My hotel was so impressed with the map that they searched it on the internet and purchased their own copy at one of the several places that it is sold. I understand that the map also has a French version. Hotels also usually have their own maps but the scale is not as good as the Xin Chao. Please understand that I have absolutely NO connection with the firm that distributes the map but it was such a great aid recently for my wife and I that I believe other travelers might want to look into this travel aid.

6. Re: Map of Hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, May 17, 2014
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Map of Hanoi

Before Google made (paper) maps superfluous I got mine at the largest bookstores in HCMC, Ha Noi, Nha Trang.

I hope that street view will some day come to Vietnam as well!

Edited: 10:47 am, May 17, 2014
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,167 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Map of Hanoi

The government Hapro Information Center next to the City Cafe Building has free maps and free public computers available

9. Re: Map of Hanoi

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, May 17, 2014
10. Re: Map of Hanoi

Removed on: 5:05 am, May 22, 2014