We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking with Vietnam Airlines online

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Darwin
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Booking with Vietnam Airlines online

Hi

I have booked airfares online with Vietnam Airlines for fares from Hanoi to HCMC. I have received an email from them which I presume is my flight confirmation but it is in Vietnamese. There is a button on it which says 'view email in English' but when I click on that I get a message saying that 'there is a problem with this website's security certificate'. Is it safe to continue on to the website?

Thanks.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,307 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking with Vietnam Airlines online

Are you sure you used the airline's website. Many have been fooled by lookalike websites. I've been booking with VN for years, and never had a problem.

Darwin
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking with Vietnam Airlines online

I'm pretty sure I booked on the right site. The email I got came from 'reservations@vietnamairlines.com'

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking with Vietnam Airlines online

Your firewall might be a tad overzealous?

I'm pretty sure it's OK even though I'm not that young and all-techie anymore.

The message isn't anything threatening; I've seen it hundreds of time before.

Darwin
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking with Vietnam Airlines online

OK, thanks. I'll continue on then.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking with Vietnam Airlines online

This is the official website:

vietnamairlines.com/wps/portal/vn/welcome/

This is what I get when I choose Vietnam as the location and English as the preferred language:

vietnamairlines.com/wps/portal/en/site/home…

Edited: 12:51 am, July 29, 2013
Darwin
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking with Vietnam Airlines online

Yes, all good thanks. I obviously didn't change the language to English when I booked it.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking with Vietnam Airlines online

Just continue on, their problem is that they forgot to renew their SSL certificate. It is a bit annoying. My next trip to Vietnam is in October, and VA believes it is good service to send me an email every two weeks to remind me of the upcoming flight.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking with Vietnam Airlines online

Good deal!

What I'm most glad is that there's a "decent" network of travelers that is quite attuned to the most common questions and a bit beyond.

I will gladly ask that each of us do a favor in return, keep informing each other so that we can all enjoy this planet together.

Happy travel!

John

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
384 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking with Vietnam Airlines online

ScallywagDarwin, I booked quite a few flights with Vietnam Airlines this year and continually received emails in exactly the same format that you have explained. But a couple of days later I would then receive another one in English. Like Jim says, you will probably receive numerous emails from them continually updating and reminding you when and where you're going - always one in Vietnamese and one in English.

Victoria

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking with Vietnam Airlines online

I recently had a problem of the Vietnam Airlines site not accepting my CC payment .....after reading some TA posts I changed my location to Australia and it went through in a breeze.....go figure.