We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legit watch brands

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
108 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Legit watch brands

Hi,

I will be in hanoi in a few weeks as well as other places in se Asia such as singapore, hcmc, Bangkok and bali.

I'm looking to get a good watch that tells the tides. Rip curl brands or versal or Casio for example.

Are what's sold in these cities real and legit? I'm assuming they're cheaper than australia...

Thanks

Aidan

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,735 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legit watch brands

I can assure you that all Rolex stuff is made in bangkok but you cannot make a fake Casio, there is a chip inside....

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Legit watch brands

I once accepted the regrettable task of bringing home a fake Rolex to a family member. The cheapest/best fake I could find was in Bangkok.

I don't by fake stuff any longer. Not for me, not for anyone else.

I don't know where to get the cheapest legit watches. I got mine in the UK, it was cheaper than the same one in Switzerland or any of the European countries. I think the savings was about $800 at the time.

Edited: 9:34 am, July 03, 2013
Sydney
Level Contributor
4,043 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Legit watch brands

aido29

I have always used the Ripcurl ATS Ocean tide series but have never seen them in Vietnam. I had plenty of offers to swap mine with the vendors 'genuine' Rolex but just could not part with it :-)

Good luck,

Mark

4. Re: Legit watch brands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 06, 2014