We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed Linen

Newcastle Australia
Level Contributor
192 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Bed Linen

Will be in Vietnam in 4 weeks :) I know there is a street for linen etc but just wondering roughly prices for king bed size sheets, doona covers and valances. Just an idea would be great so as I know when I get there what expected prices are.

Many Thanks

Ann

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed Linen

Hey travel,

Out of all the stuff the bride bought in Vn the linen was definitely the best buy. Originally one of the girls from the hotel was going to take her on the moto to the manufacturer but being a weekend day they were closed. She sourced it all at the Ben thanh markets and she paid:

Sheet sets, Queen size (top and bottom) and pillow cases $20 (400k dong)

Doona covers $18 (360k dong)

She did mention that the sizing is a little different so have the measurements you need and make sure they are right before you buy.

I must admit, I loved the vietnamese linen when we were travelling and now enjoy it at home.

You can also purchase it in Hoi an if you are going there and just post it home if you don't want to lug it around Vn.

So there you go, who says blokes have no idea about this sort of stuff :-)

Will be back there in 3 days and I hope the Mrs does not want me to buy anymore linen as that would encroach on my baggage allowance which will be loaded up with Trung Nguyen coffee ;-)

Good luck,

Mark

Newcastle Australia
Level Contributor
192 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed Linen

Wow thanks Mark, I am lucky my husband loves the shopping as much as me. We are going to Hoian as well ,actually Hanoi,Hue,Hoian and a couple of nights in Saigon on the way home. Many thanks for the info very much appreciated. Enjoy your trip :) Ann

3. Re: Bed Linen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 02, 2014