We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for a week trip to Vietnam for parents

Wellington
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Suggestions for a week trip to Vietnam for parents

HI I am looking for a suggested itinerary for my parents who are going to travel to Vietnam (in mid-60s) after visiting my brother in KL. I want them to get a sense of the history, culture and food and not spend too much time travelling to places. I wondered whether 3 days in Hanoi then overnight train to Danang onto Hoi An for 3 days then fly out of Danang? But am open to all suggestions. I am paying for this part of trip and am on limited budget. thanks for your help.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for a week trip to Vietnam for parents

Hi,

How many days do your parents plan to travel in Vietnam? Hanoi and Hoi An are great places to enjoy history, culture and food. If they have another 3 or 4 days, they can fly to Saigon and visit Mekong Delta. If not, Hanoi and Hoi An are just excellent.

Another suggestion for your itinerary, if your parents don’t mind spending a little more to save time, I suggest flying from Hanoi to Danang instead of train

Look forward to your further details

Thu Huyen

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for a week trip to Vietnam for parents

Hi

Should note Halong bay in your travel itinerary so you will be in Hanoi for 2 nights, Halong bay for 1 night and the rest of time in Hoi an. Flight out to Danang if you could afford to save your time.

Best,

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for a week trip to Vietnam for parents

I would do 2 full days in Hanoi, next day Halong Bay overnight tour, then on return to Hanoi an evening plane to Danang ,we got a 19.20 flight and a car to hoi An.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,337 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for a week trip to Vietnam for parents

Don't forget they will need visas if they are NZ citizens. The cost of these might make them rethink going for just a week.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
438 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for a week trip to Vietnam for parents

Just 2 days in Hanoi is enough and next 2 days in Halong Bay Cruise on overnight Boat then catch a flight to Da Nang on to Hoi An for 2 or 3 day.

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
632 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for a week trip to Vietnam for parents

KX, I am a huge fan of the train between Da Nang and Hanoi especially Livitrans... but I too agree with some of the other suggestions for them....

One night in Hanoi, then out on an Overnight Junk Cruise on Halong Bay back for another night or two in Hanoi....

Then onto Hoi An for 3 nights... simple easy and beautiful... should give them a taste to come back for more!

cheers, baddles

7. Re: Suggestions for a week trip to Vietnam for parents

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 24, 2014