We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on arrival?

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent UK
Level Contributor
278 posts
240 reviews
Save Topic
Visa on arrival?

We have decided to return to Hanoi in 3-4 weeks time. We are British. As our passports are currently away at the Chinese Embassy awaiting a Chinese visa, we need to organise a double-entry visa to Vietnam. First entry will be by plane to Hanoi. The re-entry will by train from China 2-3 weeks later. However, we read that many of the companies who arrange these special visas are bogus and even the Vietnamese Embassy so advise one to be very careful when doing this online.

Please ASAP can you recommend ideally a UK based company that we can safely use for this purpose. A Vietnamese company is an option.

Thank you

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,759 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa on arrival?

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293921-c148049/Vietn…

just do a search, all website mentioned are good.

there are too many...

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,713 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa on arrival?

Lemniot, only a Vietnamese company with premises in Vietnam can obtain a VOA approval letter for you. If you do a search of this forum you will find many recommendations for tried and tested agents. I'm in Vietnam at the moment and used vietnamvisapro.com for my latest VOA, but I've used others in the past and all were professional and efficient.

The warning on the Vietnamese Embassy website is purely aimed at preventing the loss of its visa revenues. The VOA approval letters are issued by the Department of Immigration in Vietnam - what could be more legitimate than that?

By the way, I hope you have a record of your passport number as you will need that for your VOA application.

Kent UK
Level Contributor
278 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa on arrival?

Thank you - very kind.

Have applied today using www.vietnamvisacorp.com

They seemed very efficient and the application could not have been clearer.

Just now awaiting the VOA by the end of the week hopefully.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,713 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa on arrival?

Sooner than that I would think. Some of mine arrived within 24 hours, some within 48.

Kent UK
Level Contributor
278 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa on arrival?

I think this may not be working out.

I received my VOA this morning via email. Although I had asked for a private VOA with only our names on it it had eleven names on it. That is I think a small problem. However, there is no mention that I can see of being a multiple entry despite the fact that I specified that. Thirdly, they seem to have put the exit date as the same as the entry date. We wnated multiple exit and entry and certainly the first exit was to be after the date shown.

Is this usual? Will it affect our requirement for multiple entry and exit?

I have complained to the company but so far no response.

Ought I to be concerned?

Can you brilliant experts out there please advise further.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,713 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa on arrival?

Single-entry approval letters state "The X people are permitted to enter and exit Vietnam one time..." What does it say on yours?

Re the entry and exit dates, have another look and see whether the months are the same - if you're arriving this month, say on the 21st and the visa is for one month, it should specify 21/03/2013 to 21/04/2013.

7. Re: Visa on arrival?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, March 28, 2013
Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,713 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa on arrival?

Astrid, I have used hotels-in-Vietnam/TUN travel myself to obtain VOA approval letters, and have recommended that company to other travellers.

However, because of your company's many recent attempts at self-promotion on this forum using the name astrid and a number of others I shall advise people to use alternative companies. You have stupidly shot yourself in the foot and put a black mark next to your company's name.

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa on arrival?

The VOA visa fee has increased up to 45 usd per person for single entry plus the VOA letter fee. One friend of mine just arrived few days ago and it took 2 hours to get through. Obviously, This service is not as good as it used to be and it is not cheap anymore.

Nhung

10. Re: Visa on arrival?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, July 09, 2013