We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in/around hanoi 5th-10th februar

HCMC
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Stay in/around hanoi 5th-10th februar

Hey,

I'm headed to Hanoi for about 4-5 days and will leave on the 10th of february. I understand that the tet holiday is going to start during my stay so I reckon booking hotels in the old quarter isn't going to be a problem. However, i need some advice on whether or not I should book before I arrive or after if I want to go on a tour to ha long bay for 2days and 1 night. Any suggestions?

Also if there are any other suggestions on what I can do while I'm there would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Simen

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in/around hanoi 5th-10th februar

If you know what junk you want to cruise with you should book ahead of time. As its Tet many expats take the opportunity to travel at this time since there is no school or work, so the popular junk companies can get booked. Also ask your hotel to arrange your transportation to the airport on the 10th ahead of time.

In the days before Tet I enjoy walking around the bustling flower markets and watching the frenzy of activities as people prepare for the holiday.

2. Re: Stay in/around hanoi 5th-10th februar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:06 am, January 24, 2013
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
192 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay in/around hanoi 5th-10th februar

You should book everything in advance to assure things go as your expectation.

In Hanoi this time, you could visit Tet market, go shopping and visit beauty spots as normal.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay in/around hanoi 5th-10th februar

You should book ahead to secure a place to stay, otherwise you will probably end up spending more than an hour wandering around the town. Apart from that, be advised that some cruisers take surcharges for New Year Eve and Gala Dinner. You might pay higher than normal price so go as soon as you arrive.

5. Re: Stay in/around hanoi 5th-10th februar

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:57 am, May 21, 2014
6. Re: Stay in/around hanoi 5th-10th februar

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 26, 2014