We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food Stalls Lunch

perth
Level Contributor
311 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Food Stalls Lunch

I was in Hanoi 6 years ago and loved every bit of it. We had lunch one day at great location where many food stalls to choose from plus table/ chairs/ beer etc. They were not street vendors and from memory a corner location with mainly locals eating there. Sorry to be vague but any ideas re the name of this place.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
14,636 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food Stalls Lunch

I encourage you to take a walk around Truc Bach Lake in the Ba Dinh neighborhood northwest of the Old Quarter. I was treated to some excellent fresh grilled seafood at a sidewalk place on Tran Vu Street (south). In the evening, frog hotpot is very popular at several places on Truc Bach Street (north). Not on the street, but you'll find an excellent Indian food place at Foodshop 45 on Truc Bach Street - a great dinner choice.

Ba Dinh and Tay Ho neighborhoods are more middle class and expat-friendly than the Old Quarter. You can walk to Ba Dinh from the Old Quarter, but I suggest a taxi if going to northern Tay Ho/West Lake.

Travelfish wrote an excellent piece on Truc Bach destinations (mainly about the food):

travelfish.org/blogs/…

Chances are that any food stall from 6 years ago is long gone - even places from last year could be hard to find!

Mentioned in this post
Truc Bach lake
Truc Bach lake
34 Reviews
Hanoi, Vietnam
Hanoi Old Quarter
Hanoi Old Quarter
18 Reviews
Hanoi, Vietnam
Western Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food Stalls Lunch

Sounds like it may have been Quan An Ngon

Mentioned in this post
Quan An Ngon
Quan An Ngon
4,600 Reviews
Hanoi, Vietnam
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
14,636 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food Stalls Lunch

Sorry, I didn't read your request too thoroughly. I agree that it must be Quan An Ngon - a specialty location that has food stalls representing different styles of cooking in VN. You should read the following comments about this place, because a copycat property has stolen it's fine name:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293924-i8595-k488…

Edited: 2:09 am, December 13, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Quan An Ngon
Quan An Ngon
4,600 Reviews
Hanoi, Vietnam
4. Re: Food Stalls Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, December 18, 2013