We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanoi 5 days travelling

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hanoi 5 days travelling

Hey everyone,

I am flying into Hanoi and then have 5 days to Vietnam before I fly back out of Hanoi.

I would like to go to Hoi An, but was wondering if anyone could suggest a good itiniery to follow for 5 days between Hanoi and Hoi An and also menthods of transport?

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hanoi 5 days travelling

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your posts and advice, will be staying in the North now!!

Sorry for the contradiction, hadn't read the other posts before I posted that last one!!

I do listen to other travellers, hence the post and I'm going to Vietnam to see a new Country!

So staying in North it is!!

Has anyone done any of the National Parks in the North?!!

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,346 posts
6,130 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hanoi 5 days travelling

Sarah8888

There is no direct transportation between Halong Bay and Hoi An to my knowledge. You would have to return to Hanoi first. As others are suggesting, I also believe your travel plan needs a bit of a re-think.

The transportation system and chaos in Vietnam is like nothing else in this world. It is difficult, time consuming and tiring. Again, I suggest not trying Hoi An as (all of us on this forum) are concerned that you will spend your entire time in Vietnam in transit between locations instead enjoying them.

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hanoi 5 days travelling

Thank you for your advice, I will be staying in the North!!

Any recommendations of what to see?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,346 posts
6,130 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hanoi 5 days travelling

Seem my post (3.) to this recent thread.

tripadvisor.com/…45004014

As for the Halong Bay trip, I do recommend doing this but don't have a particular boat to recommend. Our last experience was a good trip but we weren't thrilled with the company. Here

Halong Bay

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

IndoJunk - Prince 2 boat

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

However, our last trip was over a year and a half ago so take the review for what is worth.

Have a nice time planning your time up North.

15. Re: Hanoi 5 days travelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, November 21, 2013