We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

misleading halong bay cruise information

New York
4 posts
Save Topic
misleading halong bay cruise information

Hi,

I found the review thread below misleading, I thought it was a general discussion, but actually it linked to a private business (i thought it was recommended by TA members, but in fact people discussions are about their trip to Halong and of course NOT with that agent ) and I was overcharged by them for the Bhaya 2 day trip last month.

I believe that it will help if people at TA move this topic to a general one where people share experience and reviews about their cruise trip instead of a general discussion that links to a private business.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293921-d174…

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,871 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: misleading halong bay cruise information

Sandy, that thread quite rightly belongs in the review section, although newcomers to Trip Advisor don't always know where to post their reviews or that their posts aren't applicable to the company at the top of the thread.

Yes, things have gone awry there and most of the reviews do not relate to the company in question, but this forum is not the place to bring up your concerns about that thread because no staff member of Trip Advisor will read them here - the destination forums are primarily about travellers giving advice to other travellers about the practicalities of visiting Vietnam.

You can either give more details of your experience here, or post on the support forum about your thoughts on the inappropriateness of the review thread where you first posted:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAd…

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,718 posts
5,780 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: misleading halong bay cruise information

They seem to have also changed their business name as well to this overly generic business name of 'Cruises in Halong Bay' to help capitalize on generic reviews on travel review websites like Tripadvisor that weren't intended for them specifically. That is unfortunate.

I might also suggest contacting TA General Support (see link) and asking them to change the name to something like (Cruise In Halong Bay (Tour Agent) - Day Tours).

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

Edited: 10:01 pm, October 30, 2012
New York
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: misleading halong bay cruise information

Hi all,

Thank you, I am a newbie and not an internet guru, can you please help report?

Moreover, I accessed the link above by searching google "cruises in halong bay" so if we do not move that business to another separate thread, more and more people like me will be mislead and over-charged by that agent.

I know this is not the right place to report this, but forum is the place for people helping people, right? help others avoid spending more money or being overcharged on same service.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,718 posts
5,780 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: misleading halong bay cruise information

Sanygm,

Unfortunately, I really doubt that TA will not remove the listing for this business. What can be done is to request that TA Admin alter the listing name to help readers discern them apart from the generic activity of boat cruise making in Halong Bay.

I've done this this morning and asked them to change the listing to the actual company name of CruisinginHalongBay (one word) as is reflected on their website. The listing I asked for is CruisinginHalongBay (Tour Agent) - Day Trips. Hopefully TA admin will respond accordingly and at least update the business name.

You can contact TA support as well using the link I sent above. More contract with them might prompt them to make the change.

5. Re: misleading halong bay cruise information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 15, 2013