We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VOA for Indians, any changes in visa processing?

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
VOA for Indians, any changes in visa processing?

Hi,

I am planning a trip to hanoi in mid Sept 2012. I hold an Indian passport n m based out of Singapore. There seems be confusing info on getting a tourist single entry visa from online agents. Some suggest going thru n embassy, while other agents claim they can get it done online .

Has anyone travelled with n Indian passport in d last 2 months to Vietnam or cud update me with d latest procedure?

Highly appreciate ur responses

Priya

Hanoi Street Food Tour
Food Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Cooking Classes, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
HanoiKids Tour
Food Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours
Classy Travel - Day Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Vega Travel
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
1. Re: VOA for Indians, any changes in visa processing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:52 am, August 18, 2012
Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,917 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VOA for Indians, any changes in visa processing?

Phew, what a helpful reply!

sg-prj, there haven't been further reports since the last one on the following thread, which I presume you've read:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293921-i8432-k5…

The problem is, there are many third-rate agents in Vietnam who may claim to be able to get you a VOA letter but might not be able to deliver one, by which time you will have paid their fee.

If I were you, and in the absence of any feedback here on the latest situation, I would play it safe and obtain a full visa from the Vietnamese consulate in Singapore.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,628 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VOA for Indians, any changes in visa processing?

From an online VOA agent who I do know deliver.

-----------

Do India passport holders need a visa to Vietnam?

YES, A valid visa is required for Indian nationals to visit Vietnam and are required to obtain the visa at Vietnam embassy in prior their trip to Vietnam.

-----------

So it's an application via the embassy for you.

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VOA for Indians, any changes in visa processing?

Thanks for your reply guys! I've written to V embassy here in SG. Hope they reply. They don't seem to answer phones :)

Will keep this updated once I hear from the embassy.

Lund, Sweden
Level Contributor
14 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VOA for Indians, any changes in visa processing?

My roommates have just gone to Vietnam (1 day back) and they went to the Vietnam embassy to get their visas. I guess that is the only option for people with Indian passports in Singapore. Hope this helps

Edited: 3:15 am, August 18, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,995 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VOA for Indians, any changes in visa processing?

Aling D,

So what was/is the purpose/intent or benefit to Forum readers of your posting?

if you don't know then don't post.

Rgds. Ian

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,297 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VOA for Indians, any changes in visa processing?

Looked at Aling D's other posts and have concluded s/he is a troll who has been here before under another name. Remember the refrigerated eggs question?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
83 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VOA for Indians, any changes in visa processing?

Indian passport holder do get on arrival visa.

They have to provide guarantee letter from company.

Most of the visa agent do it for an extra charge. it cost around $50.

India
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: VOA for Indians, any changes in visa processing?

@sg-prj >>> Better to visit them in person. Due to very recent diplomatic relations between India & Vietnam, on arrival visa is suspended. I recently been to HCMC by taking visa from Vietnam embassy in Mumbai.

If you don't have time, take that risk by applying online [ Only 1 site has INDIA as options to apply for online visa ] otherwise visit Vietnam embassy in Singapore. Best option. Have you checked with Mustafa travel agency? I think they are best visa consultants in Singapore. Or in next building on Sarangoon street there is 1 more travel agent. I forgot his name. He is also good 1.

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: VOA for Indians, any changes in visa processing?

After all the calls to travel agents in SG and googling on websites, we finally have our Vietnam visa. Mustafa doesn't deal with Vietnam visa, sad :(. We went thru Newway enterprises in SG who submitted our application to the embassy ( 1 passport size picture, singapore employment pass details, passport, hotel and flight details and a complete itinerary + SGD 135).

If we had to go directly to the embassy , its still $135 and all the documentation as well. This is not VOA but the complete visa stamped on the passport. So no waiting in Q's at Hanoi!. Yeah, but its expensive ...

Bon Voyage!