We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanoi tour operators for short break to Sapa

Caulfield, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
58 reviews
29 helpful votes
Hanoi tour operators for short break to Sapa

Can anyone advise me of a good tour operator/company in Hanoi with whom I can book a short break to Sapa. Which is the best train to take and has anyone used Indochina Treks?

Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
192 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
11. Re: Hanoi tour operators for short break to Sapa

if you want to go to sapa, you should book train tickets first, it is the most important one.

At that time, there are a lot of Vietnamese people visit Sapa, especially at the weekend, so the price of the train increases sharply, and sometimes you don't have train tickets as well as hotel in sapa

Book it in advance, it's my suggestion for you

Caulfield, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
58 reviews
29 helpful votes
12. Re: Hanoi tour operators for short break to Sapa

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly Millsie, I appreciate all the information you have passed on, we are not going till December this year so have plenty time to finalise our plans. I have found a terrific guy at IndochinaTreks which is a semi- government agency who is organising our trip to Sapa at a very reasonable cost, which month did you visit there by the way?

Caulfield, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
58 reviews
29 helpful votes
13. Re: Hanoi tour operators for short break to Sapa

Hi Juiert,

Thanks for your advice we will be booking the train and hotel this coming week, what do you know of the Bamboo Sapa Hotel, is it ok?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
384 posts
15 reviews
20 helpful votes
14. Re: Hanoi tour operators for short break to Sapa

I tried to book last week for our trip in November and we couldn't get Livitrans as they were full. We are now going Sapaly train and staying at Boutique Sapa Hotel. This was arranged for us by Ha, Vietland Discovery, she also arranged a trekking tour and trip to Bac Ha markets.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
93 posts
15. Re: Hanoi tour operators for short break to Sapa

You can use Livitrans, Orient express and I like Victoria express the most. However if you want to use Victoria express you have to stay in Victoria hotel in Sapa

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
201 reviews
135 helpful votes
16. Re: Hanoi tour operators for short break to Sapa

Irene, it was in June so was low season but very hot and humid. The last two times we have travelled to Vietnam/Cambodia was June so not many people around and not the necessity to book so early due to surplus accom and spaces on trains etc.

We are heading to Laos next June and then back over to Hanoi so just starting to do some more research.

17. Re: Hanoi tour operators for short break to Sapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, October 05, 2012