We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanoi Vietnamese language school?

Level Contributor
43 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Hanoi Vietnamese language school?

Can anybody recommend a good school in Hanoi where I can study vietnamese full time for 6 months? No tutoring one on one- a school.

I know about VNU in HCMC, but want to live in Hanoi.

Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanoi Vietnamese language school?

There is no school in Hanoi, teaching Vietnamese for a half year period as you are looking. There are now some universities, in which long-term courses are available. if you do not want a tutor, just go ahead with some language center, where foreigners are grouped into one class to study rather intensively. VTG has been organizing classes like that. I do not remember exactly the add of its office but u can get a look at their website at

the problem is that u have to wait untill they collect enough a certain no of learners available for a class. teachers sometimes are students, working part time job. They are nice but not so professional.

good luck!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanoi Vietnamese language school?

I beg to differ with the previous poster. Try the ESP Center on 1 Pham Ngu Lao street. They are pricey (at least 7 usd per hour) but reputable. They are located directly behind the history museum. good luck!

3. Re: Hanoi Vietnamese language school?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:23 am, October 06, 2009
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question