We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International and domestic flights

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
International and domestic flights

I am fyling in at the airport in Hoi Chi Ming and want to get a domestic flight immediately to Hanoi. Want to know if both international and domestic flights depart from the same airport or do I have to go to another airport or terminal for internal flights. I arrive in Hoi Chi Ming at 19.40pm and internal flight to Hanoi departs at 21.15 do I have enough time to get that flight?

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,301 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: International and domestic flights

International flights use the new terminal at Than Son Nhat, and domestic flights leave from the older domestic terminal. I believe you have plenty of time to connect. I found Than Son Nhat customs/immigration to be quite efficient (not so with Hanoi airport).

Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: International and domestic flights

Are the terminals far from each other? Can O walk from one to the other terminal?

rotterdam, Holland
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: International and domestic flights

Both terminals are next to eachother within walking distance.

Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: International and domestic flights

Thanks for your reply.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: International and domestic flights

Both terminals are close. However, cos your flight in from OZ is international while your flight from HCM city to Hanoi is domestic flight so you need to go through immigration counter and to take baggage out. It takes you about one hour or slightly more. I think, your domestic flight booked a bit later (maybe 21:30) is more safe.

Good luck

Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: International and domestic flights

Thank you for your help. I do need to know this information so that I can make accurate plans.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: International and domestic flights

Kozi

What have you decided with your flights? I assume you are flying Jetstar into HCMC and then onto Hanoi. I have decided to stay in HCMC the night I think but still have not booked anything - do you think you have enough time for the flight. We are leaving in 3 weeks.

Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: International and domestic flights

I am flying Jetstar. Have not made up my mind yet but something tells me I won't have time to get the last flight out of HCM to Hanoi. Clearing customs and checking in all take time and one and half hours to do all this is not enough time. Other posts have also given me that feeling. I therefore am leaning to spending the night in HCM.

Will be looking at checking into a hotel close to the airport and getting the first flight out (6.30am) to start my most awaited holiday.

9. Re: International and domestic flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, September 27, 2009