We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agency in Hanoi -Kim Tours , Salute Vietnam or Green Trails

Marlboro, New Jersey
Level Contributor
234 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Agency in Hanoi -Kim Tours , Salute Vietnam or Green Trails

I have been cooresponding with a few travel agents in Hanoi and would like some feedback on either of them. Thay have given me excellent pricing on private tours. I am wondering if anyone has had some experience with them. Good or Bad.

Kim tours

Salute Vietnam

Green Trails

I tnak anyone who will take the time to answer my post!

Karen

Hanoi Free Tour Guides - Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Cultural Tours
Vietnam in Focus
Sightseeing Tours, Photography Tours
Seattle,Washington...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agency in Hanoi -Kim Tours , Salute Vietnam or Green Trails

There are over 2 thousand local viet. travel company's now in vietnam. The same service's can be many $'s apart. My wife and I have now been back to vietnam 6 times in the last 4.5 years. We have traveled to many places through out vietnam now. I was a soldier there in 1970 and heard Vietnam was now a great place to visit. It is! We are from Seattle,Wa.The 2nd trip we brought our 24 year old son and have been back for an engagement party and then back again for there wedding. We have traveled up and down vietnam and have used 2 different local viet travel companies. One in Saigon and the other one is located in Nha Trang. They give great prices and are very honorable. We always compare and they are always lower with the same service ect. We pay once we are there and in return they give us the in country flight tickets,hotel vouchers and receipts ect. If you want more info. you can e-mail me at kennbaker@msn.com Either way...have a great time! I went back to vietnam last April for a week to check on a partnership I have now with a coffee/gift shop in Nha Trang that we hope will help support a local orphanage there. We also went this April for 3 weeks via Siem Reap,Cambodia. Can not say enough about the temples,hotel accomodations and the peoples of Cambodia. A must do! So much different in every way compared to Vietnam. If this is your first time...you want to have a travel company located in Vietnam to set everything up for you! It will be much cheaper and all is done! They always can beat the internet and walkup rack rates for 3 star hotels and up. It is nice to have them make all of your in country flight bookings and make reservations for any car and driver with or with out a guide ect...Only need to relax and enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
Marlboro, New Jersey
Level Contributor
234 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agency in Hanoi -Kim Tours , Salute Vietnam or Green Trails

Thanks or your answer.. I just sent you my itinerary and would love your feedback!

Vietnam
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Agency in Hanoi -Kim Tours , Salute Vietnam or Green Trails

I think you are talking about the tours company in Hanoi. If so, I am not sure about their quality. Kim tours is original in Saigon and the one in Hanoi is not the realiable one. Salute Vietnam and Green Trails as well. I saw their small tiny office more like a place to sell a tour as pass on to another to operate. Of course they will do the private tours themselves. I suggest if you book your trip with those companies, you will need to be very careful. If possible, you could ask them to be able to pay in Hanoi so when you are here, double check everything. I am not sure about what you are going to do and how much your tour program is priced so I can not give any comment.

Good luck.

Singapore
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Agency in Hanoi -Kim Tours , Salute Vietnam or Green Trails

Hi Hong Dao,

you mentioned paying in Hanoi - does that mean its not wise to book a tour in advance - because you won't know the actual quality of the tour agency until you see it with you own eyes right?

The reason i'm asking this is because i'm planning a trip to the Ha Giang area in early June. Some places require permits and stuff. So would it be necessary for me to book now while in my home country? Or is it ok to visit the tour agency in Hanoi and just book the tour 2 days in advance?

Marlboro, New Jersey
Level Contributor
234 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agency in Hanoi -Kim Tours , Salute Vietnam or Green Trails

Hong Dao,m

Thsnk you for your advise. I am not going until July 2009. All of the companies are willing to hold their price quotes until Aug of 2008. At which time they only want a deposit of 30%. I refuse to pay anything unless on a credit card. I would rather pay the 3% to do this as I know it is far safer. Any other advise for me?

Karen

6. Re: Agency in Hanoi -Kim Tours , Salute Vietnam or Green Trails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:55 pm, June 16, 2008
nsw
Level Contributor
788 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Agency in Hanoi -Kim Tours , Salute Vietnam or Green Trails

Hi Godia

Just interested to know where you went on your trip? And where are you from?

If i didnt know better I'd say you were actually working for Vnseasonstour & living in Vietnam???? That would mean you were advertising them & scouting for business? Didnt think thsat was allowed on here?

You have recommended them in every post but dont mention what you did on your trip?

Does anyone else think the same or am i just being suspicious?

8. Re: Agency in Hanoi -Kim Tours , Salute Vietnam or Green Trails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, August 18, 2009
Ha Noi
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Agency in Hanoi -Kim Tours , Salute Vietnam or Green Trails

Derena,

You should not do your great trip with Sunshine located in Hanoi (49 Luong Ngoc Quyen St., Hoan Kiem, Hanoi). Because that is agency who sell vietnam excursions with hight price to get profit after resell his clients to APT Travel ,Sinh Cafe and Kim tours. Booking your trips at Sunshine travel is paying more that you get .if you are too rich , do your trips with him .

Lisha Jackman

Perth
Level Contributor
680 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Agency in Hanoi -Kim Tours , Salute Vietnam or Green Trails

Hi Karena

We have only been back 6 days from Vietnam & used Vexploretravel in Saigon to book all our hotels, flights & airport pick ups. We only paid 10% deposit on booking, and the balance the second day after we arrived. We never had a single problem & I can't say enough about the wonderful Hau at Vexplore. It certainly takes the stress out of travelling & their prices were great. Happy travels.

Wayvan