We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoan Kiem / Old Quarter budget hotels

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hoan Kiem / Old Quarter budget hotels

I'm traveling with a friend whom i would like to ease into the backpacking culture. Can anyone suggest a good budget hotel in the Hoan Kiem district; with triple sharing rooms with a private bath and A/C?

Boston...
Level Contributor
851 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoan Kiem / Old Quarter budget hotels

I stayed at Ocean Stars 2 on Dau Duy Tu Lane, which is about a 5-minute walk from Hoan Kiem Lake. It's well-located, very clean, has en suite bathroom and working AC and the rates include breakfast. They also run reasonable day tours and tours of Sapa and Halong Bay.

I had a double room and it was $15, not sure what the triples are. The owner, Jimmy, is a great guy: very organized and efficient in getting back to you, organizing tours, taxis, whatever you need. I couldn't find the hotel initially (it's in an alley off the main street) and he sent someone to pick me up and bring me free of charge. He'll even tell you if you're dressed inappropriately for the weather, whatever you've planned to do that day before you go out the door ;)

Mentioned in this post
Hoan Kiem Lake Hotel
Hoan Kiem Lake Hotel
69 Reviews
Hanoi, Vietnam
Sapa
Sapa
Lao Cai Province, Vietnam
2. Re: Hoan Kiem / Old Quarter budget hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, September 25, 2009